I can't believe Avery is already 4 months old, I swear the second time around is flying by quicker than the first! It's so cliché, but time definitely needs to slow down! I just love this sweet little girl SO much - she is so calm and easy-going, it's nice (especially with a wild toddler running around the house!).
Height/Weight: I forget how tall she is, but Avery is weighing around 13 pounds. She was in the 75% for height, and the 25% for weight...long and lean! Sophia was always off the charts for height and above 90% or above for weight, so I think at this point Avery is a bit smaller than Sophia was.
Sleep: Avery has started sleeping through the night as of a few weeks ago, but some nights (technically morning) she wakes up crying around 5:30am. Hoping she will continue to sleep all night, and then some! Right now it's 10:30pm - 6:30am (with the occasional 5am wake up). She's not in her crib yet (but she needs to be). I'm just kind of dreading the transition because her nursery and Sophia's room share a wall, and I'm afraid they will wake each other up, but it's got to happen sometime soon. We will be traveling until the end of August, so I'm hoping it won't negatively affect her sleep!
Eating: Avery is 100% on formula now, and this makes me sad. I exclusively breastfed for the first 3 months, and then all of a sudden my milk production started to slow (the same thing happened with Sophia around the same exact time). I did everything from power pumping, drinking water and eating more than I already was (which was definitely sufficient for b-feeding), fenugreek, mother's milk tea, etc...but nothing helped. I'm not sure why, but I thought it would be different this time around. When I talked to my doctor about it, he said that just happens with some women. I am happy I was able to do it for as long as I was, but certainly wanted to breastfeed longer. Her pediatrician said we aren't going to start the rice cereal just yet...maybe in the next month or so!
Clothing: Avery is outgrowing her 0-3 clothes, and definitely fitting into her 3-6 month pieces. She's in a size 2 Pampers diapers.
- Avery talks all day long, always babbling and blowing bubbles
- She is starting to roll over (from back to tummy)
- She is more interested in her toys, and is starting to reach/grab for them
- She is drooling a TON, and always chewing on her hands so I'm thinking those teeth are coming!
- Avery is super smiley and hardly cries when we are out and about...the only times she cries is when she wakes up from a nap or when she's hungry (which are usually around the same time)
- She's starting to laugh which is obviously the cutest thing ever to any parent...nothing better than sweet baby giggles!
- We purchased a Bumbo, and she's loving sitting in that...along with a few other seats I tote around the house (more on those later!)
- She's still not a huge fan of tummy time ;)
Is there anything I missed? We're hoppin' on a flight right now...hope the travel tips we posted about last week work ;).