Bacon wrapped dates are one of my top 5 favorite appetizers ever – they are SO good, and I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like them. They are pretty simple to make, and it’s hard to mess them up (my kind of recipe). Typically, we’ll be sharing simple weeknight recipes for Tasty Tuesday, but since it’s almost New Year’s Eve, I wanted to share an easy appetizer that anyone can make. There are a few different variations of this recipe, but I’m sharing my favorite with you below. Please let me know if you try this, and what you think! xx
– 1 package of bacon, cut in half
– 1 package of Medjool dates, pitted (if you’re not sure how to pit a date, watch this video)
– 1 package cream cheese – I used a Philadelphia brick, cut into small rectangles (you’ll be stuffing these into the pitted dates)
– salted & roasted almonds (one almond per date)
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Stuff 1 piece of cream cheese and 1 almond into each date, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
3. Arrange dates 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan.
4. Bake 5 minutes, flip, and continue baking for another 5-6 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
5. Remove from oven, drain on paper towel, and enjoy! SO GOOD!
If you’re headed to a NYE bash at a friend’s, this would be a great app to offer to bring! On the topic of food, how cute are these espresso/cappuccino cups we picked up yesterday…a perfect hostess gift! There are so many cute kitchen items out right now at West Elm & Anthro…swoon!