Happy Fri-YAY ladies! Thanks for all of your questions this week, we received so many that we’re going to have to save some for next week, so if you don’t see your question below, look out for it next Friday! As always, comment below or email us with your questions for next week! xx
1. Do you ladies have any gym bag suggestions? I’m looking for a bigger bag that will fit everything for work and my clothes/shoes for working out after.
Meggan: I usually just throw everything in my diaper bag or stroller which is so unorganized! I just got this backpack and can’t wait to use it!
For church functions, it’s always best to be conservative ;). We love this dress (saw it in store, and it’s SO cute) and this jumpsuit!
For guys we would say something small like a bottle of their favorite liquor or something personalized like a money clip. For girls we love these candles, an initial necklace, a framed picture of the two of you (love these frames), a tote filled with goodies for their future job (notebooks, planner, pens, etc), and a bottle of their favorite wine!
There’s SO many we love right now – shoes are our weakness 😉 Our favorites under $50: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. And our favorites under $100: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Yay congrats! I usually shop for him at Zara, H&M (the best basics!), Gap (they always have sales, never pay full price!), Old Navy and Target. I linked some of my must-have products on this post and this post. This bath seat is one of my favorites – he loves bath time and it was a major hit!
9. What apps do you use to edit your photos on Instagram? Any tips on photo editing?
We use VSCOCAM to edit our photos. Make sure you have a clear, well lit photo to begin with and find your favorite filter. Keep it consistent, try not to use more than 2-3 different filters to keep your feed uniform!
10. Meggan, where did you work before Trunk Club (in college/internships/post-graduation)?
Right after college I moved to the city and nannied for about a year then I started working at a company called Mindshare. That’s when I realized I 100% did not want to be working a 9-5 corporate job!
11. I’m graduating from college in May and need some ideas for a casual & affordable dress, have you seen any lately?
We love this (such a pretty color!), this off-the-shoulder, this mini, this lace one, and this sleeveless one.
12. I have a black tie wedding to attend, but I feel like it’s such a fine line – I don’t want to be over OR underdressed, please help!
Better to be overdressed than underdressed at a black tie wedding in our opinion, but we definitely understand your concern! Check out Rent the Runway – we think this is such a great option for black tie events, since you will probably never (or hardly ever) wear this dress again, and you can wear a high-end designer for less than you’d be purchasing a lower-end designer dress for. Here are a few options we think fit into that “safe” (but amazing) category: one, two, three (our favveeee).
13. Meggan, I love your tattoo and am thinking about getting one in the same spot. Do you love yours? I’m afraid I’ll regret the placement. Any plans for others?
I honestly don’t love it, but I don’t hate it either. I got it after one too many cocktails with my friends one night lol oops! 😉 I do like the simplicity of it and half the time I forget it’s even there! I like the placement though and don’t have any “plans” for others!