If we’re being honest, we have sucked at eating healthy and getting to the gym consistently
the past couple of months. 😉 It’s always hard staying on track around the holidays, especially when you throw a move (Meggan) and home renovations (Brooke) in the mix. We were texting last night, and decided we want to get a head start with getting back on track before the new year starts! Here’s our plan…
1. Set short term goals – hit the gym three times a week & try new workouts. WRITE DOWN GOALS! When you write down your goals, you’re more likely to achieve them.
2. Try new recipes from our Skinnytaste cookbook. This cookbook makes eating healthy fun – the recipes are far from bland + boring “clean eating.”
3. Motivate each other! It’s so much easier to get back on track when you have someone holding you accountable! Grab a friend (even if they’re long-distance like us), and make a plan together! You could do the same workouts, share goals, and text throughout the day to help keep each other motivated.
4. Manage stress! Stress can greatly hinder healthy living, and both of us are guilty of eating SO poorly when we’re stressed (red wine, chocolate, and fried foods!). Both of us get overwhelmed easily and struggle with anxiety which can cause more health issues, so we’re finding ways to manage – exercise alone really helps us, but we’re also going to add yoga & meditation to our routine. Any other tips for us here?
5. Stock up on healthy food & throw away the junk! It’s no secret we love junk food, but we’ve found when we don’t buy it, we don’t eat it, and the cravings are eventually gone (for the most part). We’re going to focus on stocking our fridge and pantries with healthy snacks and get rid of the processed junk & candy.
New gear from JackRabbit definitely helps get in workout mode! Activewear is another thing we are slightly obsessed with buying and the most worn in our closets 😉
I am obsessed with the Nike Thea sneaks. I already have them in grey but couldn’t resist the black and white!
I love buying jackets/capes that I can wear from the gym to running errands, and when I spotted this Nike zip up, it went straight to my cart. I ordered a small, but think the XS would be fine as well. I also love it in black!
These pants are my go-to whether I’m going to the gym or running errands ;). They are so comfortable and TTS – wearing an XS.
I have these Air Max sneakers are in a few colors, but this black pair is my favorite – I looove the patent details! I order a 1/2 size down in Air Max and the fit is perfect.
In collaboration with JackRabbit