We recently received this DockATot and looooove it – it is comfortable for Avery, and keeps her in one place as much as possible (before she starts crawling). She loves to lounge in this during the day and play with her toys.
I can’t believe Avery is almost 8 months old, it’s seriously crazy! I know every mom always says this, but it’s true…time needs to SLOW DOWN! Avery is still such a chill baby – she is content in her stroller all day while we are out and about, and rarely cries. She won’t sleep in public (ha!), just like Sophia – I swear we could be out all day and she will not fall asleep in her stroller, but once we get in the car she’s out.
Height/Weight: Last time we were at the doctor, Avery was still in the 25% for weight, and 75% for height, but I don’t know exactly where she’s at now. We are heading to the doctor soon, so I’ll update this!
Sleep: Avery is sleeping through the night 100% (except the occasional fuss in the middle of the night), and it’s glorious! She started sleeping all night at around 5-6 months, and it’s the best thing that’s ever happened. I was putting her to bed pretty late (around 10:30), because I was afraid if I didn’t, she’d be waking up at 2 or 3am. I finally decided to push up her bedtime to 7-7:30, and ever since I did that, she’s slept through the night. I highly recommend pushing up bedtime if you’re finding yourself waking up your baby for a “final night feeding,” it’s sooo much better (at least in our case!). I lay her in her crib for naps & bedtime, and she falls asleep on her own (I started this “sleep training” method around 4-5 months), which is great.
Eating: We started solids at 6 months – it was really difficult for her in the beginning. She didn’t like any of the food or cereal I made her, but after a few days of working with her, she warmed up to it, and now meal time is her favorite! She throws her arms up and down when it’s time to eat and starts grunting haha! 😉 She’s also much more interested in the food that I’m eating now when I’m around her.
Clothing: Avery is wearing mostly 6-12 months, but some things are still a little too big for her. She’s still in size 2 Pampers for diapers.
– Avery has started rocking back & forth on all fours, she’s getting ready to crawl
– In the meantime, she’s army crawling everywhere – she won’t be in one place for long.
– I purchased a jumpy seat, and she thinks it’s just okay…I can leave her in there for about 15 minutes before she starts fussing .
– Still no teeth! I thought for sure she would have at least one or two teeth by now, but nothing yet!
– We started solids at 6 months – she was not having it in the beginning, but she finally got the hang of it and loves her meals now!
– She’s definitely got a case of “stranger danger” and cries whenever someone she doesn’t know says hi to her, haha! It makes me feel bad, and also a little embarrassed at the same time 😉
– She’s becoming attached to me, and wants to be held more than she used to…which I don’t remember with Sophia at this age, but I’ll take it…the time goes so quickly, I’m soaking up the snuggles while I can!