I can’t believe 2015 is coming to an end. It was the best years yet . I know it’s cliche but I love making New Years resolutions – there’s just something about a fresh start!
1. Send more cards. I plan on getting better at this by writing dates in my planner and stocking up on cute cards. Paper Source has the cutest calendars/planners (love this and this) and cards (how cute is this) – a one stop shop!
2. Eat healthy and workout. I have this on my list every year (I think a lot of people do!) but I really want to cut back on processed foods and eat mostly fruits, vegetables and protein. I’m not one to deprive myself of a certain food…if I want a piece of dark chocolate, I’ll eat it, but I want to go really lean! I do really good during the week and it’s usually ruined by the weekend, so I definitely need to work harder on that. I share a lot of my recipes on Snapchat and will post a few recipes on the blog every month! I go the the gym 4 or 5 days a week but my work outs aren’t always intense (power walking while reading a magazine anyone?) so I want to start incorporating classes and work hard while I’m there. These last few weeks have been a low-point with the holiday’s and I’m ready to get back at it!
3. Less screen time. I’m honestly starting to annoy myself lately with how much I look at my phone. It’s become a motion to just scroll through social media. I was walking down Michigan Ave. a few weeks ago and EVERYONE was on their phone. It’s so sad we’re looking down instead of up and missing everything around us. Instead of checking my phone and watching tv before bed, I’m going to start reading. If you have any book recommendations I would love to hear – I love a good murder mystery!
4. Stop procrastinating. I am the worst when it comes to putting things off. Like the worst. I put off making appointments, booking flights, doing errands, laundry, etc. I need to get better at this by following through with my to-do lists!
5. Take better care of my skin and hair. I’ve really been getting into skin care lately. I got my first BBL treatment last week (more on that later this week) and it made me realize how much TLC our skin really needs. I’m pretty notorious for putting off haircare too. I usually get my hair cut and colored once a year (this goes back to procrastinating!) and let it get dried out to the max, then I’m doing damage control. So this is the year of healthy skin and hair 🙂
I’m off to San Diego today! We are staying at Kyle’s sisters and driving to Pasadena on Friday for the Rose Bowl! Camden is staying here in Dallas with Grammy. Three days without the baby…I won’t even know what to do with myself 😉