1. How do you like the Nuna Zaaz high chair? Meggan: I just started using it and so far really like it! It’s small which is perfect for our not-so-big kitchen. The tray slides off and fits perfectly in the dishwasher as well!
Brooke: I really like it as well. I have this high chair for Sophia, and have to say I like the Nuna better so far! It’s a bit smaller than a lot of high chairs – I like that it doesn’t take up a lot of space and isn’t an eyesore.
2. How do you store your jewelry? Looking for creative ideas!
Brooke: I’m so bad at this, I don’t have any creative ideas – sorry! I keep all of my jewelry in different boxes and pouches all over (it’s bad!). But here are bunch of ideas from Pinterest…some of them look great! Meggan: I use this three tier jewelry tray from Target for bracelets and rings and hang my necklaces on pins in my closet. Not the most creative idea (I don’t have much space) but my SIL made thisamazing peg board to store her jewelry. I’ll definitely be doing this once I have more space!
3. I absolutely love your ladies’ vacation looks! Could you please share your favorite places to shop for bikinis, coverups, and maxi dresses? We love inexpensive vacation looks, because it’s not something we’re going to be wearing a lot living in New York and Chicago. We always check out F21 – this looks just like Mikoh!, H&M(this is a great bikini – so flattering!), and Zara. We also always look for items on sale (tons of great designer beachwear on sale here!). We will splurge on bathing suits and a couple of coverups from Revolve or Shopbop (uhg, SO many cute things out right now!), but would rather save splurges for summer items we will wear more often – tops, sandals, etc. We’re both dying for these wedges for spring/summer!
4. I’m starting a new job that will require a lot of travel. I’m nervous about the effects that all that airplane time will have on my skin. Do you ladies have any in-flight tips you swear by?
Brooke: I think it’s best to wear no makeup on the plane (big sunnies hide everything lol). You could always wash your makeup off right before boarding if you aren’t comfortable going through the airport makeup-free. If you’re really brave, you could use a sheet mask in-flight (this one is great for moisturizing), or if you’re not quite ready for that, just apply another layer of moisturizer mid-flight (be sure to wash your hands first!). Once you land, head straight to a bathroom & wash your face with a gentle exfoliant, and moisturize – this may seem like a pain but it only takes a few minutes, and it’s worth it! These tips will keep your skin from drying out from so much travel. I always bring Aquaphor with me when I travel (if my face gets dry, I mix it with my moisturizer and it does a great job healing skin). Meggan: Drink a ton of water and pass on the peanuts (no salt)! I also agree with wearing no makeup on the plane and applying moisturizer. I like to wear a baseball cap if I’m going makeup-less.
5. Can you both do a curled hair tutorial?
Yes – we are working on filming a few tutorials, soorrrry we have been asked for so long to film, but we have to figure it out! We promise we’re working on it and hopefully will have a couple tutorials for you soon!
6. What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?
Brooke: My favorite is either strawberry banana (and oldie, but a goodie), or chocolate + peanut/almond butter + banana! Strawberry banana: vanilla protein powder (or vanilla greek yogurt), 1 frozen banana, handful of fresh or frozen strawberries (fresh are best), and water or milk (amount based on the consistency you want). Chocolate/PB/Banana: 1 scoop chocolate + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Isagenix and love it), 1 frozen banana, 1 Tbs almond (or any nut) butter, water (again, amount based on consistency you want). Sometimes I will add a Tbs of coconut oil to this one as well – it’s so good for you! Meggan: My favorite is banana, blueberries, spinach, kale, vanilla protein powder, flax seed and I add water to thin it out. You seriously cannot taste the greens and I use ground flax seed so it blends right in. I share a lot of my smoothie recipes on snapchat so be sure to follow!
7. What are your favorite stores to shop at for your kids without breaking the bank? Baby boy outfit suggestions? Gap (they always have a sale, never ever pay full price at Gap lol), Old Navy, H&M, Crewcuts (can be more $$$ but they occasionally have great sales, like now!), and Zara Kids (our favorite).
8. Do you ladies have any trips planned for 2016?
Brooke: We are planning a few trips right now, but the only one we have solidified is Napa in the spring! Meggan: I have a busy 2016 travel wise. I’m going to Florida, Cabo, San Diego (a couple times!) and Puerto Rico. We’re also trying to plan a trip for the 4th of July but the location is TBD!
9. Favorite face cream to wear under makeup & a heavier one for nighttime, also looking for a cream/gel that reduces redness?
Brooke: Under makeup, I wear this Mary Kay moisturizer + this primer. If my skin is dry I’ll mix a little La Mer with my Mary Kay moisturizer, and put this cream under my eyes (a little goes a loooong way) all before priming my face. I just tried this cream from Korres for the first time last weekend & love it so far! I haven’t found a cream that reduces redness, but I need one, so I’ll keep you posted if I find a good one! Meggan: During the day and under makeup I usually wear this sheer renewal cream by Colleen Rothschild. At night I use this Clarins cream after I cleanse. You may have seen on snapchat, but I just started using this24-hour moisturizing cream (during the day) and this sleeping facial (at night) and LOVE them both. I’ve only been using them for about a week but I swear my face already looks brighter and healthier. I will be posting about these products in more depth soon!
10. Tips for a “no makeup look?”
For a “no makeup” look we typically wear a little foundation or tinted moisturizer, concealer, loose powder (to set the foundation & concealer), bronzer, blush, and a little mascara! The amount of each should be about 1/2 of what you would use for a “full face/going out” makeup look to really get the “no makeup look.”
11. Favorite foundation?
Brooke: Hands down this one by Laura Mercier (I wear Bamboo Beige, it also comes in an oil free version if your skin tends to get oily). I’ve tried so many foundations – I like full coverage without being cake-y, and this one is the best! I use my beauty blender (damp) to apply it, and I really think that’s the secret to making foundation look airbrushed without purchasing an airbrush machine (ain’t nobody got time for that!). Meggan: I use the same as Brooke (my shade is dusk)! We were actually together in NY when we first bought it. I love it for the following reasons: it’s lightweight (it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing makeup!), provides full-coverage, blends easily, and minimizes fine lines.
12. What are your “must see” places in NYC & Chicago?
NYC: Touristy sites worth seeing – Central Park (in the spring, summer or fall, winter is blah), Grand Central Station (it’s so stunning in person), September 11th Memorial, Chelsea Market (tons of great eats!), The High Line (old railway they turned into a walkable park above the city), Brooklyn Bridge (walk from Manhattan to Brooklyn), Rockefeller Plaza & Top of the Rock, shopping on 5th Ave & Madison Ave, The Met (they have a great rooftop in the summer) & any other museums you’re interested in – they are all pretty good! I would avoid Times Square, but if you’re dying to see it…go snap a pic and get out of there! It gives me anxiety lol. Non-tourist places I love: TriBeCa – just to walk around the neighborhood & grab a bite to eat (love Bubby’s for breakfast or lunch, sat next to Rebel Wilson the last time we were there!), SoHo (for the amazing shopping & the charm), DUMBO (+ the Brooklyn Bridge Park – best views of Manhattan), and Central Park…I know this is also on my touristy list, but it’s a must see & you can always find parts of the park that aren’t crowded, which is incredible in the middle of NYC! Chicago: My favorite touristy sites are – The Signature Lounge on the 96th floor of the John Hancock (pretty decent drinks and best views of the city), Lincoln Park Zoo, Baseball game at Wrigley (I honestly enjoy Wrigley the bar scene more), shopping on the Magnificent Mile, Oak Street Beach, Chicago River Walk, The Bean, Architect boat tour (they serve cocktails on board!), and Shedd Aquarium (I’m obsessed with marine life and they have the cutest dolphins). Non-tourist spots – Randolph Street (the BEST restaurants, also my hood!), Wicker Park (so much character), Southport commons, Big Star (the yummiest margaritas and fun patio), Armitage Ave. (cute shops and restaurants), and any of the street festivals in the summer (my favorites are Old Town Art Fair and Greek Fest).