Happy New Year! Hope you all had a happy & safe NYE, I was in bed by 10 lol #grandmastatus. We’ve been in AZ for the past week, and are heading back to NY tonight. Continuing with our New Year’s Resolutions today, here are the top 6 on my list. xx
1. Eat healthy & hit the gym. I mean, is this ever not on my list? I was doing so well for about 7 weeks, then I hit a wall and quit. I haven’t been to the gym (or eaten consistently healthy) for about 3 months. It’s definitely something that brings me down, and I’m determined to make this year my year! Hopefully I can stick with it because I know I feel so much better when I work out & eat right. I seriously let myself go over the holidays, which I think a lot of people can relate to…and I hate the way I feel right now – jeans are tight, sluggish, and not confident. Time to kick those feelings out and start fresh! Anyone else in the same boat here?
2. Read one book/month. Both of us agree that we need to start reading more. I like reading, but have to agree with Meggan that social media/technology easily takes over and becomes a priority. One book per month is not hard to do. I’m planning to head to bed 30 minutes early each night, put the phone away, and take that time to read. I loved the suggestions on yesterday’s post, but would love any other book ideas that you guys have!
3. Live a more “natural” lifestyle. It’s almost scary how many chemicals are in ev-er-y-thing these days, and while I don’t think I can ditch everything all at once (namely, beauty products), I’m going to start with my cleaning products. I feel like when you have a baby, you’re more aware of the things you use, and since Avery is constantly crawling on the floor, putting things in her mouth, etc…I’d rather not use harmful chemicals to clean. I’ve heard one of the best natural cleaning products is vinegar. I’m going to take a look for other natural cleaners as well, so let me know if you’re interested to see what I find (or if you have any products I should try!).
4. Back up everything. The other day, my entire iPhoto library disappeared. It’s still not back, but I think I may be able to recover most of it – need to make an appointment at the Apple store. It made me realize how important it is to back everything up! Is an external hard drive the way to go?
5. Become more organized/de-clutter my life. You may remember the post I did here about self-improvement, and while my cleaning & laundry skills have definitely improved since then, I need to get better at organization. I think a lot of this (for me) has to do with de-cluttering. I cleaned out my closet and donated 5 garbage bags full of clothes a few weeks ago, and it felt so good to get rid of things I don’t need anymore. I’m going to go through drawers, closets, etc one time/month and get rid of unnecessary items! Goodbye (multiple) junk drawers!
6. Get more sleep. I think this will improve if I stick with numbers 1&2 on the list, but I really need to get more sleep – you just feel better, look better, and are in a better mood!
Do we share any of the same resolutions? Any suggestions for me? xx