Brooke: I’ve purchased both expensive & inexpensive distressed denim, and my favorite pair is from One Teaspoon. They aren’t cheap, but they aren’t outrageously expensive either, and I’ve had mine for a few years, so I think they’re worth the price.
Brooke: I love Revolve & Shopbop for summer clothes – they always have the best pieces, but I also head to H&M, Zara & Forever 21 for trendier pieces that I don’t want to spend a lot of $$ on. I think good splurges for summer are: denim cutoffs (obsessed with these) – if you buy a nice pair, they will last you a few summers, a great pair of wedges (we both snagged this pair for summer), and a jacket that can go with any outfit.
Meggan: I love Revolve for summer clothes! They have the best selection of rompers which I pretty much live in during the summer (love this one and this!). I splurge on summer basics that I can wore over and over again – shoes, maxi dresses, midi dresses, rompers and shorts. I also head to Forever21 (they have the best coverups – want this!) and H&M for trendy pieces.
4. I’m looking for a taupe handbag, nothing too trendy or expensive…any suggestions?
5. I’m looking for some dresses that have easy access for nursing/pumping, but can’t find any that are fashion-forward, please help!
A wrap dress is a great way to go – easy access & always flattering, it doesn’t get much easier than a strapless dress, and a halter is another great option.
6. I recently got engaged and am considering a destination wedding (possibly Cabo). Meggan, do you have any tips on destination weddings? What are your plans for the big day?
I honestly haven’t done anything for it yet because we aren’t getting married until June of 2017 – so I have awhile! I did hire a wedding planner (Amy Abbott Weddings) and went down to look at venues! You definitely don’t have to go down to look at venues. My wedding planner said she works exclusively with people via phone and email all the time.
7. How can I style lace-up sandals in the summer (other than with jeans)?
Lace-up sandals look great with high-low dresses (obsessed with this one), rompers, and cutoff jeans & an oversized tee for a more casual look!
9. I moved to California from Chicago about a year ago, and am struggling to build my wardrobe. I either dress way too warm, or I’m cold because I didn’t layer properly. Any tips on starting with basics and building a wardrobe appropriate for SoCal?
Brooke: I was right there with you when I lived in California – I moved there from Chicago and didn’t want to get rid of my winter wardrobe, but quickly realized I didn’t have the right pieces for a California “winter.” I think some great pieces to have for layering are tanks, henleys, a good chambray shirt (just got this one and love it), cardigans, a denim jacket, a leather jacket, and some lightweight scarves. Those pieces should give you a pretty good base, along with some of your cooler weather coats on the (very few) days it gets cold enough!
10. Brooke, where is the rug in your foyer from? Where are your favorite places to go for home inspo & what stores do you go to for home decor?
The rug is a recent purchase from @kayakilims on Instagram – view her website here, she has the best vintage rugs! I look to my favorite designers (Amber Lewis, Becki Owens & Nicole Davis are my top 3) for home inspo as well as blogs like My Domain. My favorite places to shop for home decor are West Elm, Restoration Hardware, CB2, Jayson Home, and One Kings Lane.
11. Can you ladies please post some outfits that are geared towards girl’s night out, date night, and looks that can go from work (not formal) to happy hour?
Sure! We will certainly keep these ideas in mind for upcoming outfit or style posts, thanks for the suggestion!
*As always, please leave your questions for next week’s #coffeetalk post in the comments below OR email us! Have a great weekend babes! xx