Tasty Tuesday: Healthy (+ Simple) White Chicken Chili
Happy Tuesday babes! Brining you a delish & super (suuuuuper) simple healthy dinner – I made this last night, and it took all of 10 minutes (prep time). Meggan had posted a similar recipe on Snapchat – after making it once, I decided to add a few different things to it last night & this is now a staple recipe in my home, so I had to share!
Healthy White Chicken Chili
– 1 rotisserie chicken (or shredded chicken breast from the crock pot)
– 2 boxes of low sodium chicken broth
– 2 cans of beans, drained and rinsed (choose your favorite – I use pinto & cannellini)
– 1 bag of frozen corn, thawed (I used mixed white and yellow sweet corn)
– 1 cup quinoa
– 24oz jar of salsa verde (green salsa)
– cumin to taste (or about 1 teaspoon)
– garlic powder to taste (or about 1 teaspoon)
– cilantro (to top)
– avocado (to top)
– fresh lime juice (to top)
*You can always add sour cream, and feta (or any cheese) if you want, it just makes it a little less healthy.
1. Thaw frozen corn under cold water in a strainer
2. Shred chicken
3. Add chicken broth, salsa, beans, thawed corn, quinoa, chicken, and seasonings to a pot over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low-medium, and allow to simmer until quinoa is fully cooked (about 20 minutes)
5. Top with cilantro, fresh lime juice (to taste) and avocado & enjoy!
*Let us know if you make this & what you think! We promise, you’ll love it!