5. What fashion and lifestyle blogs do you follow/check regularly?
We have a long list! We love Lunchpails & Lipstick, Thrifts and Threads, The Skinny Confidential, Scout The City, Little Blonde Book, Amber Interiors, Convey The Moment, Cella Jane, Lovely Luciano, Pursuit of Shoes, Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers, Sincerely Jules, Little Green Notebook, The Honeybee, Becki Owens, and Elements of Style. Please let us know who your faves are!
6. My best friend is turning 30 this month and I need some gift ideas under $100. Any suggestions?
A gift card to spend the day at the spa together or for a mani/pedi, personalized jewelry, Barefoot Dreams robe (we both have and love!), her favorite wine with monogrammed glasses, art work, or something cute for her home – we love Lulu & Georgia.
7. Brooke – do you like living in the city or the suburbs better?
With where I’m at in my life…suburbs for sure! I love the city, but would only move back to one neighborhood – TriBeca. Don’t get me wrong, I loooove the city…but living there with kids is h-a-r-d, even though a lot of people do it! There’s not a lot of space, the parks are always crowded, and tons of people always out and about. That being said, TriBeca is a more laid-back and not as many people on the streets making it more family friendly. But…we’re redoing our home now, so suburbs it is! 😉
8. Any tips and tricks on how to be a put together mama? Pre-baby I told myself I would always make sure I looked put together and not “let myself go”…but now that the baby is here, I realize it’s a lot easier said than done!
Sounds a lot like us! We are not always “put together” – we constantly text about how we’re back in our comfies at 2pm 😉 But now that were mommies it’s all about quick and easy when getting ready and being comfy. Can you take 5 minutes in the AM to swipe some mascara and foundation on? That can make all the difference! It’s hard to not want to stay in sweats all day but changing into jeans and a tee makes you feel like a real human again or a comfy dress! Sometimes I have to force myself to do that. Not sure if you belong to a gym but mine has a daycare which is SO nice. Even if I don’t feel like working outs it’s nice to unwind on the treadmill and sit in the sauna for an hour or two. Alone time is super important. Have your hubby watch the babe and go get your nails done or get drinks with a friend. Don’t be hard on yourself, being a momma is a lot of work! Most days my hair is in a bun 😉
9. I am coming up on my one year wedding anniversary and my husband is not giving me any gift ideas. He has everything he wants so I am stumped! Brooke, what did you do and do either of you have any suggestions?
Guys can be so difficult to shop for, especially for an anniversary. Anniversary number one is supposed to be ‘paper,’ so I had photos printed from our wedding and created a gallery wall in our dining room (see it HERE) to surprise my husband with. He loves thoughtful gifts, so I typically do framed photos, or a photobook (I use Apple, but have used Shutterfly in the past as well), and he loves that. He hired a private chef to come over to our house and make a super fancy dinner for our first anniversary which I thought was a great idea as well – nothing like fine dining in your sweats ;).
10. I am expecting a baby in September and have a few professional events to attend this summer. Any ideas for a few basic pieces that can be rotated to achieve an effortless professional look?
Tons of great maternity options that are professional and versatile HERE. A few of our favorite pieces are this dress, these cropped pants, this top, and this blouse.
11. I have trouble finding a jumpsuit for my body type (tall and skinny). Every time I try on a jumpsuit or romper, it never looks right…suggestions?
Tall and skinny sounds like the perfect body type for rompers and jumpsuits, maybe you need to just go for it! Try a jumpsuit with cropped pants like this one to be sure the pants won’t be too short. We love this romper and the shorts a bit longer – great for long legs. A few more we love here, here, and here.
12. I have my bachelorette party coming up and my friends would like me to wear white out one night. I am struggling to find a good dress – looking for something super fun but not over the top or skin tight. Please help!
This dress is super cute and not too short or tight – perfect for a post-baby body, we also love this one, this one (under $50!), and this one (our fave)!