Brooke: I purchased Babyganics recently and have to agree, don’t love it! Also, Sophia had a bad reaction to it (her eyes were very irritated and dark circles which is uncommon for her), which I thought was odd considering it’s organic. I have used California Baby before and thought it was fine (wasn’t in love), but now I’m going to try Honest. I’ll let you know what I think…sunscreen is hard!
2. You both have cute, simple white kitchen dishes! Where are they from?
Brooke: Mine are these from Sophie Conran, and I love them!
Meggan: Mine are from good ol’ Tarjay!
3. What teeth whitener do you use?
Brooke: I don’t…but I really need to get my teeth whitened. I just bought this whitening toothpaste that I think works really well so far! I’ve used white strips in the past and liked them, so maybe I’ll go for those again.
Meggan: I have this whitening kit and like it! It’s for sensitive teeth which is a must for me. You can use code BMsmile for 75% off!
4. Meggan – what tan coverup were you wearing in your snap from AZ?
It was actually this romper from Nordstrom that I posted on the blog yesterday!
5. Brooke – will you be posting photos of your renovations? I saw a few snaps on your snapchat, but would love to see more!
Yes – I’ll be sharing all of our renovations before/during/after with you guys! It’s taking much longer than expected (which people always tell you to expect, it’s true!). Our powder room is being finished today, so I’ll share that within the next couple of weeks, and we start our kitchen demo on Monday.
We feel you – it’s exhausting trying to live up to “Pinterest moms” and Instagram feeds today. It can get overwhelming and cause us to be hard on ourselves. What we try to remember is that Instagram is not really reality – of course a lot of accounts are, but the ones who make you feel “less than” are simply not realistic, and they will probably admit that themselves. They are the “best of the best” in moments, photo styling, and only sharing the cleanest most clutter-free corners of homes. We are guilty of this as well, our instagram feed doesn’t show our reality (but if you follow us on Snapchat, you see it…we’re dealing with shingles and a reaction to eyebrow wax this week lol). This list is really great, and includes a lot of tips we use daily. When you’re feeling self doubt take over, it’s best to carve out 30 minutes a day, and work on the items in this list. Currently reading this book, and it has honestly changed my way of thinking…definitely helps with the self love, and manifesting happiness.
7. I have an interview coming up for a stylist position. I’ve never worked in fashion and am having a hard time coming up with an outfit to wear. What are some less formal, fashionable, but still appropriate interview outfit ideas?
We think it totally depends on the company and dress code at that particular office/space. Is the environment casual? Business casual? Etc. If it’s a very casual office, we love the look of these jeans with these sandals in black, and this tee – a very “model off duty” look that is professional, minimal, and stylish. You could throw this blazer over the top as well. This is what we would wear. If you wanted to wear a dress, we love this dress with these sandals would be a great combo.
8. I’m a bridesmaid in a wedding in June, and am looking for a casual (not white, no boho, no crop tops) dress for the rehearsal dinner, suggestions?
These are all great options and under $120 – this one, this one, and this one (just ordered it!). I wore this floral dress to my SIL’s rehearsal dinner last month.
9. Meggan, I would love to know more of your wedding details and also how your family feels about a destination wedding. Trying to talk my family into it has been a struggle!
So we got engaged last September and already knew we wanted to do a destination wedding. Right away we found a wedding planner (Amy Abbott Wedding) and headed down to Cabo to look for venues. We are getting married on the beach at Cabo Azul and having our rehearsal dinner at Flora Farms. The vibe I’m going for is bohemian/whimsical/chic – very confusing for Kyle 😉 We honestly just started doing the planning because it’s still a year out (June 2017). And we didn’t have to do any convincing with our families. They knew it’s what we wanted and they would never turn down a vacay lol. A few major things you can tell them about destination weddings are: it’s fuss free, you can make it very affordable, and it’s quality time with your closest friends and family.
10. I’m attending a conservative wedding in a few weeks, do you ladies have any conservative dress suggestions?
For more conservative options we love this dress, this one, this one (be sure to view catwalk) and this one (our favorite after seeing it on LBB here)!
11. I have a wedding every month for the next SIX months! In a couple weeks, I’m going to one at Lowndes Grove (gorgeous!) and am looking for a dress for that, suggestions?
A few dresses we love for a gorgeous venue like that are: this one, this one, this one (obsessed with the asymmetrical ruffle), and this one…really can’t go wrong with any of these options!
12. I’m looking for a gray tee shirt dress (preferably v-neck) under $100 and can’t find one anywhere! Any suggestions?
This one isn’t v-neck, but it’s only $22 and has great reviews, and this one for $33 sounds like exactly what you’re looking for!
Leave your questions below or email us at email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject for next week! Have a great weekend loves! xx