1. Looking for outfit ideas for fall family photos (mulberry, navy, burnt orange, burnt yellow and hunter green) for a large family. Thanks!
2. Any outfit ideas for a girls trip to Miami?
We are SO jealous (we’re both Miami obsessed)! This romper is so amazing and screams Miami, we’re in love with this dress, and this dress is perfect for Miami and ah-maz-ing!
3. Do you both have any dress recommendations for a September wedding in Malibu?
If you want to go a little more “fall” with your dress, we love this one in the oxblood color, but if you’re wanting to stick with a summer feel we love this one (obsessed), this one, and this one!
4. I got these Stuart Weitzman rockerchic boots, over the knee stone/grey color suede. What are some dresses that would pair nicely? Short and flirty? Sweater dress? Help 🙂
Definitely both! They would look great with dresses like this one & this one, but also sweater dresses like this one (just added to my cart)!
5. I’m going on a 12 day trip to Northern Spain in early October and would love your tips on how to pack. I like to only do a carry on suitcase so the right pieces to mix together are important. I’m especially looking for shoes for dinner and walking around that are cute and comfortable!
We think you could definitely do a carry-on for a long trip like this by packing smart! I just tried the rolling clothes instead of folding them method of packing, and I swear I fit so much more in my suitcase! Try to pack items you could mix and match with one another so you don’t have to pack as much (THIS is a great example and guide to follow, you can adjust the pieces based on the weather where you’re heading). When we’re trying to save space we pack 3 pairs of shoes (like the example shows) – heels or pumps, sandals or flats, and sneakers.
6. Any suggestions on what to wear for a fall baby shower? Also any suggestions for a baby gift?
This off the shoulder sweater dress is a cute option or this flowy dress. And for gifts, as moms we feel like you can never have too many blankets or swaddles! Some of our favorite brands are Barefoot Dreams, Lou Lou & Company, and Little Giraffe (so soft!). Milk Snob has cute covers that double as a carseat cover, nursing cover and shopping cart cover (love the striped ones!). Other good options are play mats, diapers/wipes, jammies, and books.
7. I’m looking for a bell sleeve top/sweater (not off the shoulder). Thanks!!
We are loving the bell sleeve trend right now! A few of our favorites are this, this, this and this. If you want something a little more risque, this one is perfect!
8. I am going to Miami for a long weekend in the beginning of November for a friends birthday. I am looking for a hot one piece swimsuit and some going out clothes. Any suggestions?
We lovvve Miami – it’s one of our favorite cities! For one-pieces we love this lace-up, this low plunge neckline, and this ruffled one. This black dress is sexy but doesn’t show too much 😉 Also love this red dress, this bodysuit with a high-waisted skirt or jeans, and this jumpsuit. Andddd dying over these blue platform sandals – so perfect for Miami!
9. I am on the hunt for a pair of camel suede mid calf boots. Any ideas?
I just bought this pair and am obsessed – they are so cute on! They are a little higher – but still under the knee, not OTK. We love the tassels on this pair & and this pair. And these would go with everything!
10. I’m trying to decide on my first high end handbag. I think I have settled on Celine, but I can’t decide between a Phantom or the classic Luggage bag. Any opinions? Luggage feels timeless but the Phantom is so chic and has a bit more edge to me.
Meggan: My vote would be the phantom – I am obsessed with it! I agree, it’s a little more edgy but I think it’s still classic.
Brooke: I think either one would be great! The Phantom is quite a bit larger, so I would suggest trying both on in store (if you can). I have the Phantom and I don’t use it as often as I thought I would because it’s so big (heavy)- just my personal opinion, and I love smaller bags. I think the Luggage holds its shape better over time – just a few things to consider! 😉 Sorry, I hope that didn’t confuse you more!
11. Your gold plated necklace…I have one and it always ends up laying to one side. So the plate is usually halfway up the right side of my neck. Does yours do that too? It drives me nuts!
I have this one from IV Jewelry and it never does that! Something could be wrong with your chain? I would try getting a new one and see if that helps!
12. I’m considering changing up the setting on my engagement ring (cushion with a halo). Brooke, I was wondering if you could give some details about your ring (cut, setting style, etc)?
I have a cushion cut in a halo setting with a single band (not a split shank).
13. I’m looking for a staple v-neck without splurging, any suggestions? Thanks!
We have had really good luck with Madewell and Caslon tee’s. This Madewell one is currently on sale (I have it in 3 colors!) for under $20 and this Caslon one is SO soft and $25.
14. I feel like my style is so boring/repetitive lately. Suggestions for fall pieces that are comfy, affordable and cute? Thanks!
Whenever we get in outfit ruts we turn to Pinterest – check out some fall street style outfits here (obsessed with this casual look). The good thing about fall is layering. You can buy a few pieces and easily mix and match for different looks. I have this Blank NYC moto jacket and it looks so cute with a tee and jeans or a sweater/skirt combo. A few other comfy/affordable pieces are this chambray top, this lace-up sweater, this sleeveless vest, these grey skinny jeans, and these booties.
15. I’m very tall (5’10) and on the hunt for some everyday, oversized sweaters that are easy to take care of (no dry clean only), suggestions?
This sweater and this one (just added to my cart) look really oversized & long which would be great! Also – a family friend from home has opened a store specifically for taller girls called Amalli Talli and they’re online – check it out here! They have a ton of cute sweaters – they model their own clothes and are both very tall, so you can see how they would fit on you which is super nice when ordering online!
16. What preset do you use in VSCO?
We have a few favorites – F2, A8, A9, and A6.
Thanks for all the questions this week babes! You can leave your questions below or email us at email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject. xx
Photo credit: Emily Luciano