1. What did you both do for your save the dates for you wedding?
Meggan: Mine were pretty simple! I used one of our engagement pictures (they turned out so good I had to!) and did gold foil for the writing. I worked with a designer from Wedding Paper Divas which made it a lot less stressful!
2. What are on your Christmas lists?
4. I think I saw a long time ago on snapchat one if you were getting tattoo removal (I think it was on the back of your neck?)…was it super painful and does it make the tattoo completely disappear? Also, what was your tattoo of and why did you remove it? Thinking about getting one removed but I’m super nervous and wondering if it’s worth it!
11. I’m going to be visiting some family over the holidays in Long Island. My husband and I want to get into the city for date night or maybe during the day. What are some must stop places to eat, sip coffee and maybe even be toddler friendly?
A lot of places in NYC are toddler-friendly even if they don’t appear to be! The restaurant on top of Bergdorf’s is really fun and surprisingly kid-friendly, Buddakan is probably our favorite restaurant in the city, Bubby’s is so great for breakfast/brunch and very kid-friendly, and for coffee I love Toby’s Estate, Blue Bottle Coffee or Cha Cha Matcha! I’ve heard Two Hands is great but have never been there!
12. I just ordered some more Tula products and got the overnight cream. It feels great on my skin but it has a really weird smell. Is that normal from your experience or should I talk to the brand?
Yes, we noticed the smell at first too but now we are used to it!
13. I’m obsessed with the Burberry coat you posted yesterday, but it’s just not in my budget right now. Do you know of any that have a similar style around $300?
There are definitely some great alternatives in that price point! I love this one, this one, and this one – all under $300.
14. I’m interested in purchasing an espresso machine – what one do you have?
Meggan: Santa brought me this one last year for Christmas 😉 It’s super easy to use and makes yummy lattes!
Brooke: I have this one and like it as well, but if you only want espresso I would go with the one Meggan has (I have that one also) because the one I use now makes coffee and espresso & doesn’t have as many espresso capsules to choose from.
15. I would love to hear how you girls grew your blog? I feel a little clueless about what to do and I would really like to see my instagram and blog take off more than it has. Any insight would be awesome!
We don’t have any secrets when it comes to growing our blog, we feel like we’ve seen people “take off” much quicker than we have, and we’re okay with that! While we have certainly grown, it hasn’t been overnight – we’ve been blogging for 3 years at least 5 days/week. We try to instagram at least 3 times/day (doesn’t always happen, but that’s our goal). It’s great to have goals of growing, but make sure you’re blogging because you LOVE it! When we started blogging, we talked about how we could only dream of it becoming a “full time job,” but it seemed like such a far reach rather than a reality. We think posting consistently with quality content and clear, bright images is key to growing your instagram. Engaging with other bloggers and brands is also a great way to get your name out there on instagram as well!
16. My husband and I are taking a short trip to New York right before Christmas. I am looking for some restaurant suggestions. Maybe something for lunch in Soho and any good dinner recommendations?
I mentioned some favorites above (question 11) but for lunch in Soho The Butcher’s Daughter is great, by CHLOE is always packed (never been but heard it’s amazing), Jack’s Wife Freda, and the restaurant inside Nomo Soho (so pretty!). Great dinner restaurants: Buddakan, Beauty & Essex (has mixed reviews, but we went and loved it!), Tao Downtown, BondSt, Koi (multiple locations), La Sirene, and Catch.
17. I’m trying to find a pair of jeans for my husband that don’t shrink up and fade too quickly. Do you have any recommended brands, especially ones good for slim physique?
Both of our guys are built long and lean, and honestly we think spending a little more on a good pair of jeans is the best bet!
Meggan: Kyle loves his DL1961 jeans and AG jeans. I try to avoid washing jeans as much as possible so they don’t fade!
Brooke: My husband said his favorite pairs are from J.Crew (this pair – on sale!). He swears the secret to keeping them nice is getting them dry cleaned instead of washing at home.
18. I have a pair of dark rinse, high-waisted flares sitting in my closet and no idea what shoes to pair them with in fall and winter. I live in Cali, so it’s not thaaat cold, but I’m wondering if there’s something other than summery platforms that would work?
We think chelsea booties (like these) or ones with a high heel (like these) would look super cute for a casual look. A platform oxford could look cute too!
19. Meggan – in one of your snaps from Seattle you snapped a black top with a choker detail, where is that from?
The brand is Wayf and I got it from Nordstrom (here)!
If you don’t see your question it will be up next week (we’ve been getting so many questions we can’t get to them all each week – so sorry)! Please leave your questions below or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with #coffeetalk in the subject. Xx