1. I’m trying to find really awesome indoor plants (big one for the family room corner and a hanging one) real or fake and would love your suggestions!
Brooke: I have a fiddle leaf fig and I love it! Mine is real, but they have some good fake ones (which would be so much easier) here and here! I don’t have suggestions for a hanging plant, sorry!
Meggan: Okay so I just got two new plants that I love and I can’t figure out what they’re called for the life of me – I’ve been googling all morning 🙁 One of them is similar to a snake plant but a little bigger and more succulent-like (if that makes any sense). I asked the lady at the nursery to give me easy ones to take care of since I have a black thumb lol. Anyway, I posted pictures of them on our insta story and once I figure out the names I will report back! I also really want a fiddle leaf fig for our bedroom.
2. How are you girls spending New Years?
Meggan: My sister-in-law had her baby girl two weeks early so we are celebrating in our pj’s at her house! I’m more of a couch, comfies, and wine girl on NYE 😉
Brooke: I’m in Arizona, and we’re planning to head to dinner for NYE, but probably won’t be getting too crazy…I have a hair appointment the next morning, and a hair appt + a hangover = disaster ;).
Brooke: I have naturally pale lips as well, and I love this from Mac (I use shade My Flip Side). It’s easy to put on, gives instant color, but it’s natural looking and not like a lipstick (no mirror necessary).
Meggan: Have you tried this Burt’s Bees lip shine? It’s so hydrating, not sticky, and brings out natural color. And it smells good!
5. What is your favorite Christmas gift you received this year if you don’t mind me asking 🙂
Meggan: I can’t decide between the Roomba vacuum or this super chunky blanket! I looooove both!
Brooke: I’m obsessed with that blanket, and getting one STAT! My favorite gifts were these sunglasses and new perfume.
So fun, I’ve been to Cosa Rica and it’s really pretty! A few coverups I’m loving are this pom pom caftan (SO cute!), this wrap, and this crochet dress. We both have this hat and we are seriously obsessed. It’s definitely a splurge for a hat but we both agree it’s worth it! This panama hat is classic and cute too! If you need a beach bag, this one is perfect.
8. You helped me with outfit advice at seven months pregnant for our family Christmas photos, this time I need advice on what to wear during the baby’s newborn photo session. I don’t shrink back down as quickly as I’d like so I’m thinking flowy and light! The photos will be taken in our home in January. Thanks!
Since you’re doing them in your home, you could wear some pretty pajamas (for a bed shot) like this pair, or a longer sweater like this one (love that the shoulders would show), and we’re also loving this top which would look pretty as well (and camouflage the post baby bump)! We always felt best when we had spanx (that cover the stomach) on after having our babes – seriously boosts confidence when you’re not feeling 100%, especially for a photoshoot!
9. Meggan – where is your new living room rug from? Loving all the sneak peaks on insta and snap!
Thank you – it’s starting to all come together! This is the rug and I got size 9×12. My house is starting to turn into a West Elm catalogue…it’s my addiction 😉
10. I’m going to a masquerade themed party for NYE, and I found the perfect mask! I’ve always wanted to go to one after the episode of Gossip Girl way back when 🙂 I don’t know what dress to wear that won’t take attention away from the mask, but still be fancy and cute on it’s own to wear again later! I think it’ll be more of a cocktail dress party, not a full-on gown. I’d love your help since I’m on dress hunt this week.
OMGGG YESSS how good was that episode? Makes me want to binge watch on Netflix lol! This dress is fun, would look cute with a mask + you can definitely wear it again. Another options is this one (so gorgeous), this one, or this (obsessed!). Have fun!
Please send your questions for next week (first #coffeetalk of 2017, woo!) to email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject or you can leave them below. Have a great weekend! XO