I can’t believe 2017 is already here. Despite a few things, 2016 turned out to be a pretty amazing year. I traveled a lot, went to NYFW, Kyle finished his masters degree at Northwestern, we moved to Dallas, bought a car, my best friend had a baby, my moms two year checkup was clear, my sister-in-law had her baby (SO many babies!), and I have a healthy baby errrr I mean toddler!
I love making New Year resolutions and having a fresh start. I think it’s a good time to reflect on the last year of your life and decide on what you need to work on. Before I list out my new resolutions, I want to go over last years (full post here) to see how I did.
1. Send more cards. I did pretty well with this and even sent holiday packages to my nieces and nephews. It helped having all my friends and family birthdays and anniversaries on the calendar. Going to keep it up this year too!
2. Eat healthy and work out. Kyle and I always eat pretty healthy (during the week lol) and I was really good about working out 4 times a week. During and after the move we fell off the wagon but ready to start fresh!
3. Less screen time + more book time. Ehhhh…I am better about not being on my phone when I’m hanging with friends and family but still need to work on it when I’m alone. It’s so easy to get roped into checking all your apps and all the sudden an hour has passed. Not good. I read so many books this year though and will continue this year. Some of my favorites were: It Ends with Us, Big Little Lies, The Husband’s Secret, and The Girl On The Train.
4. Stop procrastinating. Still a huge procrastinator and wait last minute to do things. This is going back on my list lol. Does anyone have any tips? I can’t be the only one 😉
5. Take better care of my skin and hair. I worked at this 100%! I went to the salon more (used to get my hair cut once a year) and definitely stepped up my skincare regimen.
Goals for 2017:
1. Get in shape for our wedding (t-minus 6 months). Brooke and I are starting Whole30 tomorrow to start off the new year (drinking my last soy latte right now, wah!). I’m going to do that for a month and then continue eating healthy and working out until June. My goal is to start going to the gym in the morning before Cam wakes up. It’s going to be tough at first but once I’m in routine it will be easy. Plus that way I get to spend more time with Camden during the day. I want to get into kickboxing again. I used to do it a few years ago and was in amazing shape!
2. Get organized. I tend to shove things in drawers and closets and pray the organize themselves lol. Now that I have a house with lots of storage I want to GET organized and STAY organized. I just bought a ton of bins and a label maker…taking a step in the right direction!
3. Save money. I’m a pretty good saver but have a couple areas of weakness such as Target and the grocery store. I don’t know how I always spend so much at the store but I need to get it under control. I go a couple times a week and spend $150-$200 each time which is A LOT for a family of three. I plan on making lists and sticking to them, buying ingredients that can be used for multiple meals, buy in bulk, and watch for sales. Any other tips?
4. Take better care of myself. I am so bad about going to the doctor. I haven’t been since high school (except when I was pregnant obviously) and last year I went to the dentist for the first time in four years….I know….yuck 🙁 When I was pregnant I did genetic testing and found out I have Pompe Disease which is extremely rare (a mild form of it). I won’t go into too much detail but basically your body can’t breakdown enzymes and your muscles deteriorate. I want to make sure I keep my muscles strong, eat healthy, and go to regular check-ups.
5. Donate and get involved in a charity. This is what I will be working on the most! I need to start giving back more and set a good example for Camden.
6. Take more pictures and videos. Camden is growing up so fast and I feel like I don’t take enough pictures and videos of him. I will never get this time back so I want to make sure I’m capturing it all! I printed all of my pictures from the last two years and bought albums for them. My goal is to print pictures every month so I can stay on top of the albums. My mom has SO many albums of us growing up and they are so fun to look at. I want Camden to have that someday!
7. Practice manifesting daily. Brooke and I started manifesting last year (if you aren’t familiar, you can read about it here) but really want to practicing it everyday. Does anyone else manifest? I am a total believer in the law of attraction. Dream, believe, achieve!
I wrote down all my goals and I’m keeping them on my desk to hold myself accountable. I want 2017 to be the best yet! What are some of your new year resolutions and how do you plan in sticking with them? I would love to hear! xx