3. Meggan – what made you pick Cabo as your wedding location? I just got engaged and thinking about doing a destination wedding!
We decided on a destination wedding because our family/friends live all over and would have to travel no matter where it was. So we thought might as well travel somewhere fun! To be honest, there wasn’t a lot of thought behind it. We picked Cabo because we both love it and it’s easy for our guests to travel to.
4. I’m moving into an apartment downtown Chicago and love how both of you decorate. Any affordable ideas for decorations/where to buy (wall decor, lamps, etc)? Meggan: For affordable decor I always check Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, and Target – they all have a huge selection and always have amazing sales. I love this floor lamp from Target (I have it in Cam’s room), this round wall mirror, and this wood tray. I’m also obsessed with West Elm but I only buy things from there when they have sales (which is all the time). Brooke: Ikea, Overstock, Wayfair, West Elm, and CB2 are my go-to’s for affordable pieces. Also this link will take you to my favorite way to search for vintage rugs (I get asked about mine a lot, and finally found the proper link)! 5. What ingredients do you put in your smoothies? Brooke: Usually just a banana, protein powder, almond butter, chia seeds and almond milk. But I recently used the collagen greens from Vital Proteins with almond milk, banana, mango, strawberries, blueberries, and spinach and it was great! Meggan: I do half a banana, spinach and/or kale, 1 cup of fruit (usually blueberries or strawberries), protein powder, water or almond milk, and a flax/chia seed blend. 6. My least favorite part about working out is how many times I have to wash my hair throughout the week! What dry shampoos do you girls find works best for you? Brooke: Agreed – literally the worst haha! My favorite 3 favorite dry shampoos are the Dove and Aveda ones Meggan linked below and this one from DryBar – love that they have one for brunettes! Can’t go wrong with any of these! Meggan: I know the struggle – I only try to wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I love this one by Aveda and this one by Dove (under $5!).
7. Do you have any favorite summer maxi or midi dresses out there? I’m looking for something under $100 that’s light and fun and can be worn casually. This one is SO cute – love the front tie and print. A few others are this wrap dress, this tank dress, and this maxi dress.
12. I’m going to Europe for 10 days this summer – Paris, Luxembourg City and two smaller towns in Germany and Amsterdam and am looking for some outfit ideas. Have either of you been? We are going to be doing a lot of walking and sight seeing, so I want to be comfortable but stylish. Also, would love ideas for a good crossbody bag that is big enough for the necessities but also secure.
We have never been but it’s on our list! We would just do jeans or leggings, tees, a cute camo jacket, a baseball cap and comfy sneakers (these are our favorite!). You could also do maxi dresses if it’s hot outside. This bag would be a great crossbody option – we’re obsessed with the blush!
14. I just landed my dream job in Real Estate and was wondering if you have any favorite office/professional outfits?
Congrats – that is so exciting! We always see the cutest office-wear at Ann Taylor. This top is pretty and can be worn with so much, these pants are great (Meggan has them), love this jacket, and this skirt is great + versatile. You should also check Banana Republic and Loft.
15. I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a cute maternity dress for my baby shower. I’ve been looking online and haven’t found anything I love. Looking for something trendy and fresh.
You could do something classic/simple like this off the shoulder (white is pretty with a pop of color for your shoes!), this floral one is fun, and this maxi would be cute too! 16. I’m doing a girls trip/ski in Breckenridge next weekend. Any outfit ideas for apres ski and just in general?
Casual, comfy and cute! Love this top, this sweater, and this dress for a drink/dinner – throw it on with a denim or moto jacket, sneakers or heels and it would be so cute! Have fun!
Again, we’ll be adding the questions we missed for next week! Please leave your questions for next week below or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with #coffeetalk in the subject. XO