1. I graduated from college in May and got my first bonus. I want to use it to buy a Burberry trench coat, but I am having trouble justifying spending so much. Do you think they are worth the price? Do you know of any good dupes?
3. Have you found any casual beach rompers for your upcoming trips?
I ordered this one from Forever21 – so cute and under $20! Also love this one and this one.
4. What vacations do you ladies have planned?
Meggan: Cabo, Scottsdale, and then back to Cabo for my wedding and honeymooning in St. Lucia – so excited!
Brooke: We’re headed to Maui on Monday and Miami in April – can’t wait! Get me some warm weather!
5. Brooke – I know you have done BBG in the past, did you like it? Where did you buy it (the app version vs PDF version)?
Yes, I loved it! It’s hard and you definitely have to be dedicated, but it’s only 30 minutes (that’s what I always had to remind myself while I was doing it lol), and I love that you can do it anywhere – at home, at a gym, at a hotel, etc. I’m planning to start it again after I get back from vacation. I purchased the PDF version – it was before the app came out. I like having it printed on a piece of paper I can reference during the workout, so not sure if I would like the app as well (but it would be convenient).
6. Meggan – any new HIIT workouts you’ve done?
I honestly just make them up as I go! It’s too hard for to look at a piece of paper or app with the routine while I’m trying to run. Sooo I’m kind of all over the place! For example I will sprint 2 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 3 minutes on incline, jog 1 minute, etc. Just depends on how hard I feel like going! This workout is similar to what I do on the stairmaster but I don’t last 20 mins on there…maybe someday ha! I always feel the most accomplished (and sweaty) after the stairmaster. If I can’t make it to the gym, I will do a HIIT workout like this my driveway and add in sprints or jump roping (our driveway is gated so no one can see me – that would be embarrassing lol!).
7. I want to make my first designer bag splurge but I’m having a tough time deciding on the “perfect” bag. I obsessed with the Givenchy Antigona and Celine Luggage but also love the Chloe Faye and Gucci Dionysus (as you can see I’m all over the place!). Meggan I love your blush YSL crossbody. Do you love it and does it hold a decent amount of things? Also, what were both of your first bag splurges? Were you happy with the decision at the time?
Brooke: My first designer bag purchase was a black, leather Gucci I found at Saks Off 5th! I still love it because it’s simple and not too over-the-top. Personally, I would not do the Givenchy for your first splurge – I love it, but it loses it’s shape over time (so sad). My vote is for the Dionysus because it’s a classic (people always ask if it’s vintage), durable, and goes with every outfit!
Meggan: My first designer bag was the Alexander Wang Rocco in grey with gold hardware. I love it and still do (I wore it to death and need to get it cleaned though!). We are both obsessed with the Gucci Dionysus (for the reasons Brooke listed above) and that would be my vote too. It’s seriously the best bag ever! And yes I do love my YSL but I use it more for date nights/special events – definitely not an everyday bag.
8. I’m a stay at home mom (and mostly at home haha) but enjoy stylish clothing. Could you recommend some soft, comfortable, quality and cute loungewear?
Brooke: For pants – anything from Hard Tail or Lululemon honestly. Both are so comfortable, cute, and last a long time! I used to buy a bunch of cheap leggings and loungewear, but ended up always re-buying and trying new b/c I wasn’t happy with the cheapy ones I already purchased. After a while, I could have purchased a couple quality outfits for the amount of $ I spent on cheap stuff I didn’t love – buy once, cry once ;). I’ve had these pants from Hard Tail for over 10 years (yes, by now I need a new pair lol and will probably go with a legging style), and I wear these Lululemon leggings at least 3 x’s a week, and everyone tells me these pants are the most comfortable pair Lulu makes (I haven’t tried them yet). Some cute loungewear tops we love here (on sale!), here (so cute – throw it on with the leggings and a baseball hat to run errands!), and here – lol perfect for moms ;).
Meggan: I’m obsessed with these joggers from Target – I have three pairs and they are all grey lol. I don’t see the grey online but I just saw them in store the other day. If home, I’m most
likely definitely wearing them 🙂 I recently got these Zella leggings and I don’t know how I lived so long without them. Buttery soft and so comfy!
9. Do you ladies have any experience with Rodan & Fields or Beautycounter cosmetics/skincare? I’ve been invited to several parties or approached by sellers lately, but am not sure it’s a bandwagon I want to jump on! Also, on a side note, do you have any good anti-aging facial moisturizers with spf that you recommend?
Meggan: I’ve only tried the lash boost from Rodan & Fields and it didn’t work for me. It made my eyes extremely itchy/red and I didn’t notice any growth after using it for a month. So I probably won’t be jumping on that bandwagon either! The only anti-aging product I use is this one from Tula but it doesn’t have spf.
Brooke: I used the lip serum from R&F and really liked it, but that’s the only thing I’ve tried from either brand. I use this Tula moisturizer, and this one when I want an SPF. I just purchased this SPF for my trip b/c I’ve heard so many good things about it (and read all the reviews), and I’m hopeful since most of the reviews say it’s not greasy at all!
10. I live in the midwest and spring can be an awkward time for weather! What are some good in between season jackets, coats, or sweaters that don’t seem too bulky? I love cardigans but sometimes they seem too wintery!
This jacket is lightweight and SO chic (and looks so much more expensive than it is!), and we also love this camo jacket, this one, this sweater, and this thin cardigan – comes in 5 colors!
11. My jeans have all quickly become Somewhere, Lately inspired and I love them all! Do you have a recommendation for white jeans/white distressed jeans?
I have this pair and this pair and I’m seriously obsessed. FRAME jeans fit me so well! And I have this non-distressed pair.
12. I turn 21 in July and was wondering if you had any suggestions on what cities/towns you think would be fun to celebrate in? I have Miami and Vegas in mind. I also just got back from Cali and LOVED it, that might be an option too.
We would for sure suggest Miami (one of our fav cities!). It is so much fun and has so much to offer – beach, pool parties, spas, shopping, good restaurants and nightlife. You really can’t go wrong there. 😉
13. I have work meeting in early may and will be 25 weeks pregnant. I need your help finding a business casual look to wear to the meeting. I’d like to show off my bump since I will be meeting with associates I only see once a year – preferably a cute dress. Also, what were your must-haves to wear while pregnant?
We love this dress, this one, and this one. If you need them to be more professional, you could easily throw a blazer over top (business casual can vary from office to office). Our must-have clothing pieces while pregnant were these comfy leggings & tees and this robe.
14. I’m looking for a jumpsuit or a two-piece set to wear to a family party in Scottsdale (I’m tall so can’t be too short). Any suggestions?
Love everything about this wide leg jumpsuit! This two-piece set is cute (top + bottom) but not sure if it’s too short (the model is 5’7″ for reference), this jumpsuit is pretty and looks like a two-piece set, and love this too!
15. I’m a real estate agent and in need of a new work bag. I am looking for something big enough to put my laptop in, preferably one that zips and under $200. Thanks!
This is a nice + understated work bag (and it zips!), and we also love this one and this one is great because you can customize it.
16. I have been looking everywhere for great neutral rug options for my new living room. Ivory, white or off-white to give a very fresh and light feeling (can have a pattern but nothing over the top). Any ideas? Everything I see is the same 1 or 2 prints that I see everywhere!
We’re obsessed with buying rugs (lol, seriously) and some ivory/neutral options we love – here, here, here, here, here, here, and here! That’s a lot of here’s lol!
17. I have a wedding in the beginning of May in Louisiana and will be 6 months pregnant. Any suggestions on a cute maternity dress, preferably under $100?
ASOS has so many cute and affordable maternity dresses! We love this classic black one (only $34!), this maxi, this floral one, and this pink one (love the off-the-shoulder!).
18. What photo storage devices or websites do you use to store your iPhone photos? I use my phone constantly for taking pictures of my kid and the “cannot take photo” icon appears regularly because I’m a photo hoarder. So I end up deleting old pictures to make room. Any tips or suggestions?
Brooke: Uhg, this was happening to me also so I ended up getting a phone with the most storage, and still had to buy more storage space after a while, sorry I don’t have a better solution! I purchased an external hard drive for my computer (same problem lol), and I’m not sure if that works for a phone as well but it’s worth looking into!
Meggan: The same thing kept happening to me so I ended up buying more storage for my phone. I also upload all my pictures to the Shutterfly app so they are saved on there and easy to print!
19. I’m 5’6″ and love the look of wedges but I can’t seem to find them in my idea height of 3 to 3.5 inches. Since I have really long legs, my body isn’t flattered by 4″+ wedges and the 1-2 inch look is a little awkward. Do you have any suggestions?
Yes, we found some really cute ones with a 3-3.5 inch heel! In love with this lace-up pair, these are classic and come in a few colors, this pair is cute, and need this pair!
20. I’m from California (born and raised) and work is looking to relocate us to the East Coast to the Carolinas. How hard was the transition from Cali to NY? We lived in Chicago for a year and I didn’t do well with the brutal winter (we moved back to Cali quickly). How would you compare the West Coast and Midwest to the East Coast? Do you miss the beach? How did you decide NY would work for you guys? Meggan, how did you decide Dallas would also be a good fit? How do you guys handle the humidity? Any advice would be great!
Brooke: Yes, I miss California and the beach – although the East Coast has some really great beaches as well (both the Hamptons and the Jersey Shore are beautiful, ocean beaches)! The transition for me was fun, but difficult at the same time. Fun because it’s always exciting to explore a new place and NYC has so much to offer, but difficult b/c it was hard to meet people, and we moved right before winter hit (uhg – I hate winter). I think the West Coast is the most laid-back (and my favorite) place to be honest – sorry, I know this probably isn’t what you want to hear! But I also love the East Coast for different reasons – the energy is amazing, the restaurants are better, and it just has that “vibe” that California doesn’t have. I don’t think I’d ever move back to the midwest, and will/would be happy living on either coast! I’ve never been to the Carolinas, so I can’t really give an opinion on living there, but it looks pretty (and has warmer weather – yay!). Also, I hate humidity lol.
Meggan: We always talked about moving to Dallas at some point for a few reasons: Kyle’s family is here, he could transfer to Dallas for work, warm weather, and city life was getting hard with a baby! Chicago was great for when we were young/single but being around family is more important to us now so it was an easy transition. I haven’t really experienced the humidity yet but I’m sure I’ll be wearing my hair in a bun all summer and wear flowy dresses. I’d rather have that then a cold winter!
21. My mom and I are going to Miraval spa in Arizona and want to know what you’d suggest for a spa resort trip? Athleisure? Casual and comfy?
That sounds so fun and relaxing! We want one of everything on this page, especially these leggings (wear them with a white tee and a denim jacket), and this tee (with a strappy sports bra under). We love baseball hats, and this one would be great to pack. Maybe pack a dress or dinner outfit you you plan on leave the resort for dinner one night – I just got this dress (in US size 4) and love it – it’s actually so much cuter in person!
22. I recently got engaged and decided to buy myself a MacBook – perfect size to do wedding planning anywhere and everywhere on the go! Now I’m on the hunt for the perfect tote/messenger bag that will hold it, a notebook, and bridal magazine or two. I would love your recommendations for something under $100!
Congratulations! Totes we love under $100 – here, here (just got this one), here, and here!
23. I’m going on a girls trip to LA in July, wondering if you have any recommendations! We are staying in Santa Monica. Any cool bars, restaurants or shopping?
Santa Monica is so fun, but it’s been so long since either of us have been there we don’t have a lot of suggestions for you, sorry! Whenever we’re heading somewhere new, we go to Yelp & do some research and end up finding the best places! I know there’s some really good shopping close to the beach (I remember going to Nordstrom there), and some fun restaurants right there as well, have fun!
Please leave your questions below for next week or email them to email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject! Have a great weekend babes! xx