Whenever I make this bowl and snap a pic for Insta Stories, I get tons of requests for the recipe. Now that it’s here, we all have a spot to reference and it’s easier than trying to explain it over DM lol (ps – I love seeing your pics when you make this!). I discovered this combo when we were doing Whole30 & I’ve been addicted ever since. If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would probably be this bowl. Every. Day. It’s Whole30 compliant as is, but you could also add brown rice (I have, it’s so good), cauliflower rice, onions, or any other veggies you love. I keep it simple most days with only 3 ingredients – egg, sweet potato, avocado. See the recipe below, enjoy! My dishes are here – another FAQ when I post this ;).
1-2 sweet potatoes, chopped (depending on how much you want)
Red pepper flakes
*I don’t measure the seasonings, I just load them on (don’t be shy with it). Also you can add or take out any seasonings – just include what you like.
1. Add 1 Tbs avocado oil (or olive oil) to pan on medium heat
2. Add chopped sweet potato & seasonings
3. Mix well (make sure all sweet potato pieces are covered with seasoning)
4. Reduce heat to low and cover for 10 minutes or until sweet potato is soft (checking on sweet potato from time to time, you don’t want to burn it!)
5. Uncover, continue to cook sweet potato so the sides get a little brown/crispy.
6. In the same pan, add the egg and cook to preference. *For this recipe, the runny yolk is key IMO. I cook mine over easy/medium (I’m no egg expert, so basically I spend this time trying to cook the whites without breaking the yolk).
7. Once egg is done, combine sweet potato + egg in a bowl and top with avocado and red pepper flakes.