Meggan: I always pick up a new mask when I’m at Target (just tried this one and love it) – they are my cheap thrills! This Maybelline mascara has been my go-to since high school. The NYX intense butter gloss (in tres leches) and NYX soft matte lip cream are some of my favs. I just got a couple of these L’Oreal eye paints and really like them (looks pretty in the corner of your eye). I haven’t used this blender yet (going to today) but it’s a fraction of the cost of the OG beauty blender. I will let you know how I like it! Anddd I cannot live without my Wet Brush!
Three favorites are: this Madewell one (good quality), this one from A&F, and this Topshop one.
Meggan: I’m probably the only person who doesn’t know how to use a wand! I have this T3 wand and the one Brooke has but hardly ever use them because I always burn my hands or the curls look backwards (please send help lol). So I usually use this cheapo 1 inch Conair curling iron that I’ve had for years!
We didn’t do any of the re-designing ourselves, I basically sat down with the kitchen & bath designer, and said what I wanted and what I didn’t want. They had all the software/fancy stuff, I’m not sure what program they used.
Meggan: Yes, I love it! It is so refreshing and keeps my skin moisturized all day. It’s supposed to be used with a dry brush but if I’m in a hurry I just lather it on with my hands. I haven’t tried any other oils but will definitely buy this one again and again.
This romper is super cute and summery, love this jumpsuit, this two-piece set (top + skirt) is a must, and we are totally into this maxi! Accessory wise we are loving this hat, these sunnies, this bag (just ordered!), and these sandals.
A few options we found and obsessed with are: this lace dress, this silk romper (sexxayy!), this set (top + skirt), and this crochet romper. If you need a new/fun pair of heels these are super cute!
This dress is so pretty, and would show cleavage but the long sleeves make it a little more modest. We also love this one, this one, this one, and this one! Congratulations!
13. How’s it going with having Vital Proteins every day? Are you noticing any changes/benefits?
Brooke: I’ve been having it every day for about a week, and so far I’m loving it. I’m not sure if it’s long enough to notice results when it comes to skin, but it helps me stay full longer (it has protein) & tons of people see skin improvements, so ‘ll be sure to keep you updated!
Meggan: This is the first week I’ve remembered to have it everyday and I agree with Brooke that it keeps you full! I can’t comment on the skin because I got a visit from mother nature this week and my skin is all out of whack. Not sure results show in just a week either? There’s a lot of info on it here!
14. I’m in the process of furnishing my first apartment and LOVE the look of big floor plants (anything from a cactus to palms). Any good places/websites to find plants that are reasonably priced & not fake?
Check out Home Depot or other home improvement stores in the garden center, they often have a great selection for super cheap! You can actually order online too (free shipping over $45)! We love this one and this one! Another place to check would be local nurseries/garden centers – just be careful, sometimes they overprice their plants by a lot!
15. Brooke – I saw on instastories that you’re meditating. Can you share favorite apps/guides you use? I couldn’t screenshot it fast enough ;).
Yes, it totally helps with stress/anxiety (which both of us struggle with). We don’t have any apps (good idea though, we’re going to look for some!), but this video is the one I shared on instastories the other day – it’s really a great way to start your day!
16. I am getting married in November but currently shopping for wedding festivities because the current season may allow for more finds. I need white outfit options for bridal shower (Sept in Long Beach, CA), bach part (Oct in Palm Springs), and rehearsal dinner (Nov in wine country). Open to dresses, jumpers, etc!
Congrats girl! A few white dress options are: here, here (see it on this post), here, and here. Rompers/jumpsuits we love are: here, here, and here. This two-piece set (top + bottom) would also be super cute!! Anddd if you want to splurge, this Self-Portrait dress is SO good (and classic!).
17. I’m looking to jump on the Vital Protein collagen train, but have no clue which one to buy! Have you guys tried multiple ones? Any recommendations?
We have only tried this one (the collagen peptides), and the greens – love both and would highly recommend them!
18. Wondering if you have come across any good two piece outfits? I’m on the hunt for something that exposes a little bit of the stomach but not the whole thing!
We both have this two-piece set from Free People and love it (see it on here & here). A couple other favorites are this floral crop top + skirt, this striped top + skirt, and
19. What do you think of the oversized, distressed denim jacket trend? Have you seen any good options?
We personally love it! This one (love the pearls), this one, and this one!
20. I am loving the off-the-shoulder trend this year BUT I have a large chest and just cannot pull them off. It ends up looking like I’m wearing a tent because my bust is a size 8 but the rest of my body is a size 4. The struggle!! Do you have any suggestions for some trendy summer pieces that are not OTS? Tops that can be worn with a bra since this chest will not cooperate with a sticky bra 😉
Yes! A few tops we are loving that are not OTS are: this one, this one, this one (gives you some shoulder, but you can still wear a bra), and this one!
21. What are some great dresses to wear to a June wedding?
A few dresses we love for summer weddings: here, here (40% off!), here (in love with this print!), and here! Have a blast!
22. Meggan – can you link the new Quay sunglasses you were wearing on insta stories this week? Looking for a new pair!
Yes! They are this pair and I got the black/gold combo. The pink/gold look pretty cute too!
Have a great weekend loves! Feel free to leave your questions below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with #coffeetalk in the subject. xoxo