Brooke: When I got engaged, it wasn’t really a “thing” to ask your girls in all the cute ways they have now, so I actually just called them or asked them in person lol – nothing exciting! I’ve seen a lot of cute gift box ideas on Pinterest, but I love the idea of gifting everyone a fun shirt like this one (you could even DIY) along with a note asking them to be your bridesmaid. Everyone could wear it later on (like at your bachelorette!) – would be fun for group photos ;).
2. Meggan – how did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant with Cam? How did you and Kyle prepare for the unexpected surprise? I’m in a similar situation and just a little overwhelmed!
4. I love interior design, it’s a huge hobby/passion of mine, but since I’m not a professional working in the field it often feels like I’m just a lover of high end things or it feels “materialistic.” Do you guys ever struggle with the fashion blogging industry feeling materialistic with constantly have the latest and greatest styles? What’s your girls mantra to keep that healthy balance in your life of sharing what you love to your followers and also keeping perspective that so many other things in life are more precious than “nice stuff”?
Do we understand what you’re saying? 100%. Do we struggle with it? No. While our blog is all about fashion/material/”nice stuff,” those items are not a priority/goal in our lives. Yes, we love bags, shoes, and clothes, but those items do not give us true, pure happiness (spoiler alert: material possessions do not equal happiness). Yes, we get excited when we get a new bag or pair of shoes, but that excitement is fleeting. We’ve both been through some “real life” things, and know that stuff in our closet is just that – stuff. At the end of your life, are you really going to care if you had that Gucci bag? No. The things that will make you truly happy in life are good friends, great relationships, and memories with family (and wine on a patio, let’s be honest lol). Some things that keep us in check are – adopting a family at Christmas, volunteering/donating time/money to someone who really needs it, church, and getting involved with charity.
5. Any fun things you did that you’re glad you included at your wedding or things you regretted spending a lot on?
Brooke: The one thing I’m so happy we did was a wedding video. For us, it’s so much more fun to watch our video than look at the photos, you feel like you’re there again! Also, so happy we splurged for an amazing band – it definitely made our reception a party! Looking back (almost 6 years now!), I don’t really remember the food, cake, or flowers but I do remember how much fun everyone was having dancing and partying with the band. Those would be my top 2 “splurge” items for a wedding!
6. Gift ideas for a soon to be one year old baby boy?
Brooke: I just got this Curious George for Avery when I was trying to get some shopping done (lol going shopping with kids is impossible) and she will not put it down! It’s super lightweight and the perfect size for hugging/carrying along. You could get a cute book to go with it – my kids have always loved these books and these books (avail in a lot of different variations of each). Other toys that have been majorly loved by our kids: these blocks (we’ve had them for 4 years and they are still played with all the time, great for babies), this buckle toy (great for travel), bubble mower (bubbles are always a win), water table, and the wheely bug – another one we’ve had forever that they never get sick of.
8. My SIL is getting married in Positano of the coast of Italy the first week of September, it will be small and mostly family and close friends (she’s not doing bridesmaids but I’m as close to one as it gets). She’d like us to wear a pastel dress (length doesn’t matter) with no print. I’m having the hardest time finding something! Ideas?
Some pastel dresses we’re loving – here, here (under $100), here (in blush), and here (comes in so many options & so comfy). Sounds like a dream, have a blast hun!
9. I’m helping my mom search for a MOB dress for my formal winter wedding and it’s been a struggle! We definitely want floor length with 3/4 sleeves in basically any color but white, red, or navy. Everything we see is either too sexy or too matronly. Any tips for MOB dress shopping? Where to look or dress suggestions?
This Tadashi dress is so pretty and was just marked 40% off! We love the color & style of this one, and this one + this one (favorite!) are absolutely stunning! Hope that helps! xx
10. Meggan – I know you just got married and I’m getting married in a few months and struggling thinking of gift ideas. I was wondering if you could share some gift ideas for bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and father-of-the-bride?
11. I’m going on a trip with my boyfriend to the French Riviera in August (Monaco and Cap du ferrat). Do you have any suggestions on outfits/what to pack!? I’m a terrible packer and would love some ideas!
12. I’m attending a wedding at the end of July and the attire is “casual,” do you have any suggestions on dresses?