1. I also LOVE white bedding/sheets…but as a regular spray tanner, they also seem to get ruined within a few weeks. Any tips? I also can’t use detergents with a scent.
Meggan: I don’t spray tan often but whenever I have I just lay towels over my sheets and pillows and that seems to work (not the most comfortable though!). But I just saw on Marianna Hewitt’s insta that she uses this black silk sheet protector – so smart!
Brooke: I usually just use the St Tropez express tan which you leave on for 3 hours maximum, so I’m never sleeping in my tan before washing it off. That silk sheet protector looks like a great idea, though! I also use free + clear detergent, and am going to try this tip!
2. Meggan- where are your white pajamas from instagram from?
Those are my favorite and on sale here! I have this eyelet pair too which are just as pretty!
3. What are some of the comfy, quick, easy, and low key sandal recommendations? I always tend to gravitate towards my Nike or Sanuk flip flops.
Brooke: I just got these sandals and these flip flops and have been wearing both the whole time I’ve been in Iowa. They are super comfy and go with pretty much everything! If you’re looking for something a little sportier, these are so cute!
Meggan: I have the same braided sandals Brooke mentioned and my other go-to pairs are these black slides, my birks, and these sandals!
4. Meggan – I think you did a story about shaving your face but I didn’t catch it and I want to know what you did and which razors to buy. I would love another demonstration too!
I’ll do another video on IG stories this weekend. I honestly haven’t had to shave since and that was over a month ago! But I use these razors and do small strokes going down – Brooke actually ended up buying them also! 😉
5. Before you had a fashion blog what did you do in fashion/where did you work?
15. I’m a bride heading to South Beach for my bachelorette in August! I’m looking for some tops/dresses to wear that won’t be too hot. I’m heavier chested and hold my weight in my midsection so having a tough time finding something that will be appropriate to wear out. I would be so thankful if you could help find few options (I’m not afraid to wear color!).
This jumpsuit and this jumpsuit are so hot and would be so cute with a bright pair of heels (love these in yellow). This top is super cute – you could still wear a bra and it’s flowy which would be perfect! This dress is fun for a bride to be and flowy as well – love the details!
16. What tools/products are you using to style your hair these days? I have super thick hair too and love yours!
Meggan: I know I’ve mentioned this conditioner a million times but I seriously cannot live without it. My hair is so thick and texturized and it really smoothes it out! I also just ordered this heat protecting oil because I used my moms this week and love it!
Brooke: I just started using this shampoo & conditioner and really love it. Also, I just bought this texturizing spray after using my moms for the past few weeks – it’s honestly amazing. It might be my favorite hair product ever!
17. Meggan – What did you and Kyle decide on for wedding bands? Can we see your set together?
My band is the exact same size/design as my engagement ring and I also have a skinny rose gold ring from our “courthouse wedding” we did back in December (which we actually did at our house lol). Kyle ended up getting a cheap silver one because let’s be honest, guys tend to lose them and beat them up lol. I’ll snap my band for you on insta stories today 🙂
18. Curious what prenatal vitamins you both took and if you have any info to share? Just started looking into it and there’s so much information it’s overwhelming!
Brooke: I used NewChapter and never had any issues with them. I did take them at night since some people say that prenatal vitamins can upset your stomach.
Meggan: I took these Nature Made ones and liked them – no funny taste and easy to swallow. You can also ask your doctor for samples if you want to try a few. Mine gave me so many!
19. I love the boho chic look of the Fillyboo Maternity maxi dresses for my upcoming maternity shoot but can’t quite justify the $250+ price tag. I’m wondering if you girls know of any similar dresses for around $100?
This dress is amazing – it’s not maternity, but it would probably be okay b/c of the empire waist. This one is $150, but it’s reallllly cute so we had to share! Another non-maternity option that would totally work and so pretty!
20. Brooke – did you cut/color your hair? It looks shorter and blonder in your recent stories! I love it, but am scared to take the plunge (I have long, dark hair).
Yes, I did! I cut 6 inches and went a little bit blonder for summer. My hair grows really quickly, so I like to change it up.
21. How do you both wash your ripped jeans? Do you dry them? Probably a dumb question but they don’t ever look super worn out in your pics!!
Meggan: I know you’re not really supposed to but I wash my jeans more often then I should. The ones that are super ripped up I only dry half the time and then air dry the remaining time.
Brooke: I wash mine, but hang them to dry. Also, I do not wash them often – I don’t really feel like jeans need to be washed that often (especially real denim without stretch) unless they are actually dirty or get stretched out. Another tip – buy mesh bags like these to protect them during the wash.
22. I’m expecting my first baby in late August and I’m obsessed with this set in white from Restoration Hardware for his nursery. I’m wondering if you guys know of any less expensive dupes? 🙂
This one looks really similar and is under $400! This one is also super cute and you can replace the knobs for rings. Check Hobby Lobby, they always has a big selection. Congratulations love!
23. I’m on the hunt for an inexpensive roman shade. I saw awhile back one of you posted one from Amazon, would you mind sharing again? I’m looking for a linen look that I can customize the size!
Brooke: Yes, I posted about this one from Amazon. It is inexpensive and the fabric is so good, but they only have several sizes available so not totally customizable, but hopefully will work for your window size! You can’t beat the price.
Thank you so much for sending in your questions! For next week you can leave them below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with #coffeetalk in the subject. Have a great weekend! xx