1. I was wondering what you use for your skincare routine? I purchased the Tula toner you talked about a few weeks ago and think I will buy it again. I’m also a big fan of the Mario Badescu rose water spray but definitely feel like I’m lacking in other areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Since we get a lot of skincare products mailed to us, we’re always trying new things which is great because we can try it all and recommend our favorites to you guys! Here’s what our current skincare routines look like…
Brooke: I feel like I’m currently using so many different products! I’m not sure if that’s bad or not, but there are so many things I love. Morning routine: Cleanse with Tula cleanser, use this antioxidant treatment, this eye cream, and either Tula day & night cream or Elemis collagen cream. Nighttime routine: I use this oil or this cleansing balm (love both, oil is my absolute favorite) to remove my makeup, cleanse with Tula & my Clarisonic, same antioxidant treatment & eye cream from my morning routine, then oil – I rotate between this one, this one, and this one. I let that sink in, and finish with this cream (or sometimes I skip this step). I just received the new Kifer collection from Tula and can’t wait to try it!
Meggan: Same as Brooke, I’m trying so many new products right now but here is my current routine/favorites. Morning: cleanse with this Tula cleanser or this Elemis one, I just ran out of this eye serum (my favorite – I love the applicator) and going to try this eye cream, use this antioxidant treatment, and then this face cream. Oh and I always put this hand cream on that has SPF. Nighttime: use a cleansing balm to take off my makeup (check question 12 for my three favs), cleanse, this H.A serum, then oil – I rotate between this one & this one, then right before bed I put on this overnight cream. I just finished a tube of this sheer renewal cream and loved it!
12. Favorite makeup removers? Struggling to find one that doesn’t make my eyes red and puffy the next day!
Meggan: I use a cleansing balm to take off my makeup (Elemis, Clinique, Colleen Rothschild are my favorites) and then use a cotton ball with lotion to take off the remaining mascara.
Brooke: I linked my two favorites in question 1! They are both amazing and work like a charm!
13. Brooke – can you please share details of your Goyard tote? What size/model is it? Where did you purchase? Are you happy with it? Thanks!
I have the Artois MM tote which is the larger of the two. Unfortunately it’s not available to be purchased online (but they may sell it over the phone if you call the store) – I bought mine at the Goyard on 63rd St, but they also have a boutique inside Barney’s. I chose this one over the St Louis tote because the corners are reinforced, the price includes monogram (monogram on the other bags is extra $), and it has a zipper. I use it every day & I love it. It’s my perfect ‘mom bag’ because it holds so much. I also love this one from Barrington – it’s a great alternative to the Goyard!
14. Can we get a home tour soon?! I know they’re so hard because it never feels like your home is “done,” but I love the peaks we get every now and then!! Maybe even just linking some of the favorite pieces from your home!
That’s exactly what is holding us back from doing home posts, none of our rooms feel complete yet! You can see Brooke’s kitchen here, her powder room here, and our bedrooms here. But here are a few of our most asked about home pieces…
Meggan: My dining room table, living room rug, the wallpaper in Cam’s room, coffee table + accent table, this wall art, these light fixtures, and this sofa. My West Elm addiction is very obvious 😉
Brooke: Most of my furniture is RH lol Meggan and I are always joking about it – her house is a West Elm showroom and mine is a RH showroom. I think it’s important to figure out the style of your house and what works with the architecture. There are so many things I looooove from West Elm & CB2, but after much trial and error (and way too many returns lol), I’ve learned what works best in my house. You can definitely mix and match pieces, but one room shouldn’t be traditional and the next mid-century modern (if that makes sense). My favorite pieces are these counter stools, this sofa, and this sectional (which actually did work out from West Elm – so comfy!). I can’t wait to do my office – I have this chair (Meggan has it too) and it’s kind of amazing. I love this dresser I have in Avery’s room, and my favorite thing about my kitchen is our pendants.
15. What YSL card holders do each of you have? Do you like them and is it worth the $$$?
Meggan: Kyle gave me this one as a birthday present a couple years back in it’s still in excellent shape. It’s timeless, can fit a lot of cards, (2 per slot), and good quality – I think it’s worth the splurge!
Brooke: My parents gave me this one for my birthday a few years ago I love it – I don’t even use my regular wallet anymore. It’s big enough to hold my cards & cash.
16. Currently shopping for my honeymoon and want some cute rompers and two piece sets for daytime and dinner, but don’t want to spend a fortune. I’ve looked at Shein but get overwhelmed by their selection! Any cute reasonably priced ones you’ve come across?
This romper is cute, this one is perfect for a casual day, love this one (could be worn day or night), and this long sleeve one perf for nighttime. Some set options are here, here, and here. Hope you have a great honeymoon!
17. Do you have recommendations for a cute floor length mirror for a bedroom?
We both have this one from IKEA and love it! A couple other cute options are this wood ladder one, this brass one, this simple wood one, and this gray herringbone one.
18. How do you both stay organized? Is it hard getting your husbands to stay tidy/organized? I’m moving in with my boyfriend soon and while he’s not a slob, I’m definitely a lot tidier than him. I want our place to stay organized but I don’t want to be a nag all the time either. Any thoughts lol!?
Meggan: Lucky for me, Kyle is pretty tidy! I remember always being shocked at how clean/organized his apartment was for a guy when we first started dating (and I was like yessss!). But I think it’s important to have a talk before moving in so you don’t build up any resentment from picking up after him. Just tell him you would appreciate it if you did x,y, and z or maybe you could split chores if that would work best for you two. Kyle knows I’m really tidy (like annoying tidy) so he’s good about pulling his weight and I don’t have to mention it to him THAT often. But if I feel like I’m doing more I just tell him in a nice way I need some help!
Brooke: Same – my hubs is actually better at organizing than I am. It’s so nice because he gets up on Saturday and helps me deep clean our whole house. This is our Saturday morning routine – that way our house never gets super dirty or messy. We try to do it every Saturday, because as much as it sucks in the beginning, it’s the best feeling when we’re done and with two of us it only takes about an hour. However, he does have a habit of leaving his clothes all over the floor during the week 😉 lol so I’m usually picking up after him every day. Here are a few things that have helped us: put a hamper in your bathroom – that way dirty clothes go directly in there. Divide the “chores” – he takes out the garbage, I unload the dishwasher, etc (this will also help you avoid unnecessary arguments). If you both hate a certain chore, switch off each week. I think you’ll definitely want to talk about it before moving in together so it doesn’t become something that bothers you. Just talk to him and make sure he’s okay with splitting up tasks and willing to help you keep your place organized and clean.
19. What destinations are on your must visit list that you haven’t already been to?
Meggan: Ugh so many! The Amalfi Coast, Greece, Paris, Australia, New Zealand (my dad used to live there so I’m trying to encourage a family vacay ;), Thailand, Bora Bora, London, Spain, Dubai, and Fiji to name a few. And for the states – I’ve also never been to Hawaii and really want to visit Charleston (it looks so cute!).
Brooke: Soooo many – I really want to do a Eurotrip next year! Amalfi, Positano, Tuscany, Saint-Tropez, Santorini, Bora Bora, Phuket, Spain and Australia. In the US I want to visit Big Sur & Monterey, Watercolor/Rosemary Beach FL, Charleston, Nantucket, and Martha’s Vineyard.
20. Totally random help needed! Looking for some fun yet chic magnets for my fridge. I can’t seem to find something that does the job but is still cute and not cheesy (and also not a chip clip!).
These Kate Spade ones are super cute, these wood coffee ones are great, and love these marble ones. This DIY idea is amazing too – I want to make them!
21. I’m looking to add just one graphic band tee to my wardrobe. Any suggestions?
We both have one too many band tees in our closet! Here are a few of our favorites: one, two (see it on here), three, four, five.
22. I have a black tie wedding in the Hamptons over Labor Day weekend and need HELP! I can’t seem to find any dresses I like. Ideally, something black!
For black tie events, we love RTR because it just makes sense! We’re loving this dress, this one (amazing neckline), this one (very Hamptons looking), this one – stunning, and this one – a little sexy but still very pretty! Have so much fun!
23. I’m looking for a chic and versatile stroller for $500 and under. Ideally newborn and up. Any suggestions?
A few strollers we wouldn’t mind pushing around are here, here, and here. All super chic/cute and have good reviews! We both have Nuna strollers and couldn’t be happier with the quality!
24. My eyelashes have been vanishing lately (so frustrating). I know you both use Neulash. Do you recommend it? I’m hesitant putting something so close to my eyes (the horror stories – change in eye color, puffy eyes, etc.). It’s also quite pricey. Is it worth the money?
We have both seem amazing results from it and neither of us have had eye issues. Meggan tried the Rodan & Fields lash boost and that irritated her eyes but no problems with Neulash! It is pricey but the tube lasts about 4-5 months.
25. Do you have any recommendations for a cheaper/similar version of the statement double G Gucci belt? I love the look but would never spend that much on a belt.
Found some amazing dupes – here, here (looks so much like the new Gucci belt!), here, here, here, and here.
26. I’m pregnant with my first and I’m starting to find my clothing is becoming a little more snug as my belly gets bigger! I was hoping to not have to buy a bunch of maternity clothes and instead invest in larger sweaters/tops to get me through the fall and winter. Did either of you have any favorite clothing items when you were pregnant? Or any suggestions on oversized tops that could fit a growing bump?
Check question 14 from this post! We definitely recommend buying oversized items (that’s what we did) – loving this top, this tee, this sweater, and a flannel you can layer over tees and tighter dresses like this one.
27. You guys always have the best colors on your nails! Brooke, I got the CND polish in romantique after you posted about it on insta stories and I love it! Do you both have any other favorite colors you can share?
Brooke: Romantique & Funny Bunny are my favorites for light/white. I also like Winter Glow, Let’s be Friends and Mimosas for Mr. & Mrs.
Meggan: I pretty much only wear neutral colors – Funny Bunny, Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around, Pale To The Chief, Alpine Snow, Cream Puff, and Cityscape.
Have a great weekend babes! Please leave your questions below or email them to us at email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject. xx