We’re a couple weeks in but I finally had time to sit down and think about my New Year resolutions. I LOVE making them and think it’s a good way to refresh and reevaluate! I did pretty good with my 2017 list (see it here) but will definitely be re-adding some things 😉Goals for 2018:
1. Use less plastic. I would consider myself a hardcore recycler and environmentalist – it’s definitely my passion. I’m the person collecting trash on walks, picking cans/plastic out of the garbage in public (Kyle loves when I do this 😉 lol), and pulling over on the side of the road to pick up trash blowing around. It’s extreme but it makes me SO mad (and sad!) to see pollution. Last year, I started composting to reduce my carbon footprint and so I was trying to think of ways how to be even better this year. The other day when I was taking out my recycling I noticed how much plastic was in it – seriously ridiculous! So I decided I need to make a conscious effort to consume less plastic. I found this list and hung it in our kitchen (I like having a visual!). I already do some of the things but need to work on a lot of them. One big one is no more plastic straws – they can’t be recycled and they aren’t biodegradable. I ordered these metal ones so I need to get into the groove of remembering to use them and saying no to plastic ones!. Anyway, I feel like I’m starting to go off on a little rant but this is something I’m excited to work on!
2. Save money. This was on my list last year but there’s still room for improvement. I’ve cut back on weekly Target trips and we made a budget but I want to save more!! I definitely need to stop making little purchases like coffee, random Amazon orders (my weakness), and things I don’t need at the grocery store. If any you guys have any tips/tricks that work I’d love to hear them.
3. Learn to sew. I don’t want to rely on my mother-in-law or seamstress for small fixes anymore! I just want to know how to fix a small hole or rip – nothing major!
4. Less screen time. I feel like this is on everyone’s list. All my work is on my phone/computer, which makes it hard to put down sometimes. I don’t want Camden to grow up thinking having your phone out all the time is normal and I definitely don’t want it to take away from my time with him. I’m going to try and work on separating work + family time.
5. Stop being late. Omggg you guys this is horrible but I’m ALWAYS late. It doesn’t matter how early I get up – if I have to be somewhere at 9 and get up at 6, I will still be late. I procrastinate and get distracted easily which don’t help, so I need to work on that! I feel like since I’ve had Cam it’s got worse too. It’s so hard to get out the door by myself and adding a kid to the mix does not help.
This is the first year I haven’t put eating healthy/working out on my list. I finally feel like I’m at a point where I know what works best for my diet and my fitness routine, which I’m really happy about! What are some of your resolutions? Any big ones? xx