It’s no secret from our insta stories that we’re loving GG crackers! We listened to Tanya Zuckerbrot on The Skinny Confidential podcast (here) and instantly became intrigued by the F-Factor diet. We aren’t following the diet religiously but love the idea of adding more fiber to our diets – if you haven’t listened to the podcast, you need to! It was actually kind of mind-blowing and we learned so much! We get tons of questions about GG’s from where to buy them, to what do they taste like, to recipe requests. You can buy them at Whole Foods or Amazon. The ones from Trader Joe’s are a decent alternititve, but the nutrition value of the GG’s is a bit better. Also…the honey raisin flavor is amazing, but also higher in calories and lower in fiber (just something to keep in mind). They aren’t delicious by themselves, but they are a great vehicle for foods like we have below (Tanya and Lauryn talk about that in the podcast), and we’ve rounded up our favorite toppings for you below!
(from left to right)
1. Kite Hill cream cheese (dairy-free), salmon, & capers.
2. Avocado, hard boiled eggs, red pepper flakes
3. Cream cheese, raspberries, honey, chia seeds
4. Almond butter, banana and chia seeds
5. Pizza sauce, dairy free cheese, pepperoni
6. Avocado and Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (also good with cottage cheese!)
7. Tuna salad (chicken salad would also be great!)
8. Jalapeno hummus, hard boiled eggs, red pepper flakes
9. Hummus, chopped olives, cucumber, tomato, red onion, balsamic vinegar
If you search the hashtag #ggcrackers or #tanyastoppers on insta there are sooo many good and creative ideas! PS – you could always use regular cheese/cream cheese for any of these if you eat dairy.
Have you tried GG’s yet? What’s your favorite combo?