It’s my 29th birthday today so I thought it would be fun to switch it up and share 29 random things about myself!1. I was a vegetarian for about 5.5 years.
2. I’ve lived in Iowa, Seattle, Minneapolis, South Dakota, Chicago, and Dallas!
3. I’m allergic to lobster but no other shellfish.
4. My grandma had my mom in high school and my mom had me in high school. I proudly broke that chain! (Just not the unplanned pregnancy part lol).
5. I secretly have good singing voice.
6. I love (extremely) spicy food! To the point where I may not have functioning tastebuds anymore.
7. I’m the most indecisive person ever and wedding planning was torture for me.
8. And I’m a very easy-going person!
9. I have two tattoos – one on my forearm and one on my wrist. Both were VERY impulsive! And I want to get my zodiac sign somewhere too (hope my hubby doesn’t read that).
10. I’ve been working since I was 14. My first jobs were at a grocery store and firework store (that’s South Dakota for you, ha!).
11. My guilty pleasure is reality (trashy) TV. Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives, Bachelor, Top Chef, Kardashians, Southern Charm, Teen Mom…you name it, I most likely watch it lol.
12. My favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I’ve seen them in concert 4 times and hope to see them again!
13. I could live off chips and salsa.
14. I’m terrified of balloons. One popped in my face when I was in high school and I have been weary of them since lol.
15. I’m also scared of getting a paper cut on my eye (not sure where that came from).
16. I love Star Wars.
17. I backed into someones car an hour after I got my drivers permit (my parents we’re super pumped about that!!). You can drive by yourself at 14 in SD so not really sure what they expected lol!
18. I went to the University of Iowa and was a Gamma Phi! Go hawks!
19. When I lived in Seattle we would see Orcas when took our boat out on the Puget Sound. I fell in love with them and wanted to be a whale trainer SO bad. I even went to Sea World camp as a junior in high school ha!
20. I save almost every card that is given to me (my husband calls this hoarding lol).
21. I have a really sarcastic sense of humor.
22. I caught a shark when I went deep sea fishing. My arms were sore for a week from reeling it in (I had help of course).
23. I still sleep with my blankie and always will.
24. I was in a motorcycle accident the summer before my freshman year in college. I still have scars on my legs and feet!
25. My favorite cocktail is a spicy margarita.
26. I cannot pronounce anything and I’m slightly dyslexic. Sometimes I’ll say something to my husband and he just stares at me like whaaat just came out of your mouth lol.
27. I stay up until 12:30-1ish reading every night and set my alarm for 6:45. I have to be the first one up in the house so I can enjoy my coffee in peace and silence lol. #momlife
28. If you get in my car, rap music will be playing.
29. Kyle and I knew each other in college and both moved to different states after we graduated. A few years after, I saw on FB that he was moving to Chicago so I messaged him to see if he needed “any help finding his way around the city”. The rest was history 🙂