1. Do you think it would be a good idea to have a dress for my wedding reception so I can dance comfortably? I’m two months away from my wedding and starting to think I should find a short dress for dancing!! Any suggestions would be helpful!
Brooke: I had two dresses, and it was (still) one of my favorite decisions b/c my ceremony dress was not very comfortable and super heavy. I think it depends on the dress you already have – if it’s not comfortable, I would say get a party dress if you want to dance a lot and be comfortable! Some I love: here (stunning!), here, and here (a little more expensive, but looks gorgeous and comfy!).
2. I’m surprising my hubby with a trip to Dallas to see his beloved Cowboys. What are some fun places to stay, places to eat and things to do over a long weekend? We are 32 and love to have drinks out but won’t be hitting up the clubbing scene.
Lol well I’ve never been to a club here so that’s good you don’t need recs for those 😉 For hotels I love the Joule, Hotel Crescent, and Hotel Zaza. Some of my favorite places to eat/drink are Katy Trail Ice House (fun to walk the trail then stop there!), Shinsei, HG Sply Co, Up On Knox, Truck Yard, Uchi, Trulucks, and Gung Ho. My favorite areas of the city are Greenville, Uptown, and Knox/Henderson.
3. Best remedies for breakouts? I can’t seem to get my chin under control – ugh!
Meggan: Ever since I started taking this probiotic a few months ago I’ve had like no breakouts. And my chin was my problem area too!
Brooke: I struggled so bad with acne on my chin for the longest time after having Avery. I saw results when I started to cut dairy and then was blown away after I did whole 30. It was the first time (since having her) that my skin was completely clear. You can read about that here. For me, dairy is the culprit. Have you tried cutting dairy? I actually met Dr. Dennis Gross at an event during that time, and he told me I needed to use his treatment pads and get an oil-free moisturizer. Two additional products that really helped me are this mask and these treatment pads. These are the products I would definitely recommend trying!
5. At what age did/are you ladies sending your kids to school? I currently have an almost two year old and there’s a two day a week, three hour preschool available in my town. I am currently sending my child to an in-home daycare and debating if I should send them to preschool next year or just wait until they are 3? I want to make sure they get the social skills and are not behind, which I think daycare really helps with the sharing and playing, but they aren’t necessarily learning that much. Two seems so young to me. Do you have any suggestions or advice on what you did/would do?
Brooke: We sent Sophia when she turned three and doing the same with Avery. Sophia was in gymnastics and ballet when she was two and the preschools around us are play-based, so she was getting the same socialization that she would have in school. I don’t think there’s a “wrong” time to send kids to preschool, but if your child is in daycare, it’s probably very similar to what a two-year-old preschool program would be. I would recommend visiting the school just to feel it out and see what you think! Don’t think you can go wrong either way.
Meggan: We sent Cam last fall (he turned 2 in June) and he’s in the young two’s and three’s class which is two days a week for 3 hours. We felt like Camden was ready and needed socialization since he’s home with me everyday. It’s definitely similar to daycare – they do different activities and follow a schedule but it’s nothing too stressful for him lol. And he loves going which is great!
6. Any good book suggestions?
We recently did a post on some of our current favorite books! You can find that here. A few other favorites are The Woman in the Window, The Party, and Behind Closed Doors.
7. Brooke – did you lose the weight you were wanting to lose?! If so how much did you lose and how long did it take you?
Uhg no! I had lost about 5 pounds, but then moving and packing happened (and lots of takeout) and I gained it all back. I’ve only cooked several meals since we moved, but I’m finally getting back on track. And I’m sure you’ve seen the chocolate eggs on Insta stories which are definitely not helping – I told myself I’m done with the eggs…no more grocery store runs for them lol! Right now I have at least 10 pounds to lose which is the most I’ve ever had to lose (except after pregnancy). I have another meeting with my health coach coming up, and I just got back to the gym so I will definitely keep you posted on my process/progress.