Let’s talk collagen. It’s no secret collagen is trending…and we are HERE for it. It’s nothing new, but everyone is very into collagen right now, and for good reason. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies – it gives skin that elasticity that we’re all longing for, replaces dead skin cells, and it’s what keeps our joints and tendons healthy. Collagen production sadly (very sadly) slows as we start to age, and that’s precisely why everyone is collagen-obsessed right now – there are so many products/companies out there now promoting and selling products with collagen in them.
We have tried a number of collagen (related) products, and wanted to share our top 3 we can’t live without. But first…The benefits of collagen:
– Improves health of skin & hair
– It’s great for the health of your joints
– Helps heal leaky gut
– Boosts metabolism, muscle mass, and energy levels
– Improves liver health
– Improves cardiovascular health
Moving on…3 collagen-related products that we can’t live without and why.
1. GloPro – One of the questions we get asked the most is, “Do you like your GloPro? Is it worth the price?” The answer is, without a doubt, yes! We were first introduced to the GloPro last October, and we’ve been hooked ever since! We honestly feel like our skin has never looked better than it does using the GloPro, and after almost a year of using it, we have seen such great results. It’s an at-home microneedling tool that is so easy to use, and it works! We use ours every other night for 1-2 minutes, that’s it! The whole science behind microneedling is that it stimulates the growth of collagen and elastin, giving your skin a more youthful appearance. You guys know we’re obsessed with this little magical tool and it’s worth every penny!
2. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Oil – Another line you know we love is Elemis, and they are very focused on collagen right now. We love pretty much every product we’ve tried from their line, but one thing we cannot live without is this oil! It’s suitable for all skin types (yes, even oily skin!), and helps improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles – see the before/after photo here! I also love to mix a drop of this with my foundation if I want a dewy, less-coverage look…perfect for summer when you don’t want cakey foundation! As part of my normal skincare routine, I use it at night – sometimes alone in place of a moisturizer, but sometimes (when I have that 10-step K-Beauty routine happening) it’s just one of many, and I use it last. Unless something better comes along, I’ll never stop using this. I’ve been using it for a year now and I’m hooked!
3. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – Another frequently asked about product we love. People are always asking about the benefits, and if it’s worth it or not. Definitely yes! All of the benefits are listed above, and collagen peptides contain 9g of protein per scoop, which is another benefit! Collagen Peptides are collagen molecules that are small enough to get quickly absorbed and used by the body. When we are consistently using collagen peptides (we like it in our coffee, but you can also stir into a smoothie or oatmeal, or add to anything – it’s tasteless!) we feel and look our best. I also love the collagen beauty greens in my green smoothies – so great! For us, this is worth it! Be sure to ask your doctor if it’s safe to use during pregnancy/while nursing. This is dairy free, gluten free, and Whole30 approved! Also approved for the Faster Way To Fat Loss program!
More collagen products we’re (kinda) dying to try…these all have rave reviews!