1. Favorite book you’ve both ever read?
Meggan: I don’t know if I can pick just one! Recent ones are The Idea Of You and It Ends With Us. And one that I read years ago that still sticks out in my mind is Still Alice.
Brooke: Off the top of my head it would be The Idea of You. No other book has quite affected me like that one did lol! I also loved It Ends With Us and Me Before You.
2. If you could pick one black, one brown and one fun bootie for the upcoming season, what would they be?!
Brooke: My brown pick (so comfy, I love these), black pick, and these (splurge) or these would be my fun pick!
Meggan: This pair in brown, this pair in black, and this fun pair – obsesssed!
3. I know you’ve talked about this before but do you have any recommendations for vitamin C serum?
Meggan: The SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum changed my skin! It’s pricey but I’ve tried other ones that just don’t compare!
Brooke: I also love the SkinCeuticals one, but this one from MB is a great as well + a great price.
4. I’m looking into investing in a good leather (genuine leather) jacket or a really good fake. Can you list some that are under $250?
This one is just under $200, and the details are so great (real leather also!). A few more options we love – one, two, and three.
5. I’d like to wear my black Stuart Weitzman Lowland boots to work, but am struggling to think of slightly more conservative outfits that would be work-appropriate. Any suggestions for specific items (skirts) or outfits?
Do a conservative blouse like this one, with tights (opaque tights will automatically make this look work appropriate!), and a fun mini skirt like this one, this one or this one!
6. How do you both find time to work out? I’m struggling to get into a routine and would love any advice!
Brooke: I need to get back on track – I haven’t worked out consistently for a couple weeks now. But, normally I try to get in 2-3 Peloton rides a week (at home) and 2+ trips to the gym. I also go in the morning, I think getting it done right away is key. My husband leaves super early for work, so I wait until I get my kids off to school, then I head straight to the gym (or to the basement for the Peloton). I’ve found if I try to wait until the afternoon, something always comes up and I ‘run out of time.’
Meggan: I go in the morning before my husband and son wake up. I love getting it over with and working out in the morning always motivates me to have a healthier day! It was hard getting up early at first but I learned to literally jump out of bed right when my alarm goes off or I know it’s not happening lol. Maybe you could pencil it into your daily calendar so it feels like something you need to do. I always write gym in my planner because I have to get everything crossed off my list lol!
7. Meggan – would you recommend someone to move to Dallas in their early 20’s. I have heard amazing things but I do not know many people or have family/friends in Dallas! Would love to hear your thoughts on moving to Dallas post graduation.
I didn’t live here post graduation but I think it would be a great place for someone younger to live. My sister just graduated college, got a job and moved here! There’s lots to do – restaurants, night life, concerts, shopping, sports, fun neighborhoods, etc. and the cost of living is relatively low (depending on your hood!). If not Dallas, go to Austin!
8. Outfit ideas for the Beyonce and Jay-Z concert in Los Angeles at the end of September? Weather should start off warm then cool down towards later in the evening.
I saw her in concert a couple years ago and it was soooo amazing!! You’re going to have so much fun and be dancing the whole time! A few outfit options – you could do these faux leather leggings, with sneakers, a tee (love this one), and bring a jean or moto jacket. A bodysuit (obsessed with this one & this one), with jeans and sneakers. Or distressed denim, a graphic tee tucked in, belt, and booties.
9. I have to attend a fancy wedding at the end of September at the Four Season’s Hotel, pretty sure its black tie. I want to wear something on trend, but also classy. Any ideas? I’m also open to Rent the Runway.
We did a post on what to wear to a fall wedding here – lots of options for black tie!
10. Looking for a pair of new brown booties for fall! Love the look of the Rag & Bone ‘Walker’ boot, but don’t love the price tag. Any suggestions?
Brown booties we’re eyeing: here, here, here, and here!
11. We are planning on doing fall family pictures soon and I would love to see your ideas for some coordinating family outfits. It will be myself and husband, 5 yr old daughter and 3 and 1 year old sons.
We’re going to do a full post on what to wear for family pictures next week since we get this question so often!
12. What are some fun looks to wear in between seasons right now? It’s still around 80 degrees in Minnesota and hard to figure out what to wear in this weather that’s not too summery during fall. Or does that not matter if it’s hot?
Mini dress + cardigan + booties/sneakers, lightweight midi dress +booties, denim cutoffs + lightweight sweater, dress + moto jacket, and mini dress + OTK boots! Some pieces to make these combos – mini dress, booties, lightweight sweater, midi dress, OTK boots, and cardigan.