We love the holidays, it’s definitely our favorite time of year! However, the holiday season = parties, events, and tons of food & drinks. So today, we’re sharing 10 tips to help you stay on track this holiday season! We are definitely not perfect when it comes to health and fitness, but we try to keep everything in check, especially during this time of year. Here are our tips:
- Write down your goals! When you write down your goals, you’re more likely to achieve them and stick to your plan! Also – set small, achievable goals. For example, “Walk for 10 minutes/day, no candy until the weekend, etc.” Don’t set unrealistic goals/expectations, especially during the holidays!
- Plan accordingly. If you know you’re going to a party where you’ll be eating fried foods and having a few cocktails at night, keep your eating in check during the day! It’s okay to indulge, but not for every single meal.
- Wear a step watch/fitness tracker. We are so much more motivated when we are counting our steps. Aim for 10,000 steps every single day! If you haven’t hit your goal, get up and start moving.
- Stay active. Sweat for at least 15 minutes every day – you don’t have to commit a ton of time to staying active during the holidays, but we’ve found when it becomes a part of your routine, you’re less likely to skip a workout! Anyone has time for 15 minutes/day. Try our favorite “do anywhere workout” if you don’t have time to get to the gym! Even just one round is better than none, and you’re more likely to make healthy decisions throughout the day.
- Never go to an party/event hungry. Fill up on something healthy (even if it’s just a quick protein shake) before you head out to a party or event. You’ll be way less tempted to fill up on unhealthy party food.
- Meal plan. It’s easy to get meal planning/prep go out the door during the holidays, but if you just make a little extra time for it, you’ll be so thankful (instead of full of regret) on January 1st. Find easy + delicious crockpot meals to save yourself some time! If you’re super busy, have your groceries delivered! It’s a game changer!
- Treat yourself to new workout gear. This little tip always motivates us to get to the gym ;). Some of our new favorite pieces from Reebok are these leggings, this sweatshirt, and this zip-up!
- Don’t deprive yourself. Whenever we’ve gone on super strict diets, we end up failing in a major way! Consistency and moderation are key to staying truly healthy! Let yourself indulge during the holidays, just keep it balanced and try to stick to the 80/20 rule (80% healthy, 20% indulge).
- Cut back on wine/cocktails during the week. It’s safe to say we drink more during the holidays than any other time of year with all of the parties & time with friends/family, so cutting back during the week can make a big difference. Replace your nightly wine/cocktail with a mocktail (sparkling water and fresh, muddled fruit in a wine glass does the trick for us!). Of course, refer back to number 9 and don’t deprive yourself if you really want a drink during the week. We feel you ;).
- Drink tons of water. We notice when we are drinking 1 gallon of water/day, we are 100% living healthier in every aspect of our lives. We sleep (so much) better, we have more energy, and we are less hungry throughout the day. Did you know sometimes when you feel hungry, your body is actually just dehydrated/begging for water and not hungry? It’s true. Try drinking a gallon of water a day for 30 days and see how you feel, it’s kind of amazing! Should we do another #waterchallenge?I’m not cleared to work out yet but I’m planning on going on lots of walks with the baby. Like all my other pairs of Reebok sneakers, these are lightweight and super comfortable – it feels like you’re walking on a cloud! They fit TTS and come in 4 colors.
How cute are the back of these leggings? I love the material – it’s a cashmere/wool blend and they’re soft! I got an xs but definitely could of done a small. Luckily they have a lot of stretch!
I shared this sweatshirt on instastories yesterday and I wore it again today ;). I looove the neck, it’s so good! And currently on maaaajor sale! Get it while it’s still 50% off! I’m wearing a size small.
SHOP FAVORITES THAT ARE AN ADDITIONAL 50% OFF (USE CODE: SALE50)…
Big thanks to Reebok for partnering on this post!