1. Meggan – I’m about to have my baby any day now so I was wondering what your must have postpartum items are and what you packed in your hospital bag!
Congratulations! For our hospital stay I packed slippers, a blanket, this nursing bra, this zip-up jacket (it’s so warm!), socks, camera, phone chargers, joggers, and a couple t-shirts. My postpartum must-haves are Tucks cooling pads (put them in the fridge!), sitz bath soak, Dermoplast, nipple cream, a comfy robe (I have this one!) and a giant water bottle!
2. I have been using Rodan and Fields skincare, specifically the Redefine regimin for the last 2+ years, but I am interested in trying some of the Tula products after seeing the two of you rave about them. Do you have any experience with Rodan and Fields? I would like your insight, if any, comparing and contrasting the two.
Neither of us have tried Rodan and Fields so we can’t compare the two but we obviously love Tula! And with our 20% off coupon (+ free shipping) you can’t beat the price for the quality of product. Our code is: SOMEWHERELATELY.
3. In one of your posts you were mentioning some excellent stay up invisible socks you got on amazon. Would you mind reposting them?
Yes – these are it! The BEST no-show socks ever, they do not fall down or show!
4. I’m looking for a bag to use for going out. Willing to spend around $1000. Thoughts? I like the Gucci Marmont Matelasse but am just wondering if I’m too old for it lol I’m 30.
You’re not too old for that Gucci, we love that bag! A few other options around $1000 that we love: here, here, and here.
5. I am planning a weekend in NYC the end of January for a well deserved Momma’s weekend away from my toddler and husband. I’ve been a few times before but am looking for a recommendation for a hotel that will increase the mommy indulgence of this trip. Any suggestions? Maybe one to break the bank and one that won’t?
If you’re looking to break the bank, definitely go to the Bacarrat! Even if only for one night – it’s hands-down my favorite hotel in NYC. Every detail is impeccable, the spa is amazing, and the lounge/bar is stunning! We stayed there for my birthday last year and fell in love! Also love the Crosby Street Hotel (another splurge), and the Peninsula. For a more budget-friendly option check out NoMo Soho (love their bar/restaurant too, and great neighborhood), The Dominick, AKA Smyth Tribeca (I’ve never been here, but heard great things), and Soho Grand Hotel.
6. Any holiday gift ideas for my new niece!? She’ll be 3 months old around the holidays but I still want to get her something special.
These personalized blankets are so cute, this baby journal, baby’s first Christmas ornament, this chair (can’t use until older but my son is obsessed with his!), this keepsake library, or a personalized book!
7. I am throwing my sister’s baby shower in a couple weeks and am also pregnant. Do you have any ideas for anything cute to wear since it will be cold.
A few warmer options are here (see it on me here), here, here, and here!
8. I’m attending the play A Christmas Carol at a theater in Minneapolis so it will chilly but need recommendations on cute outfits to wear!
SO fun! I (Brooke) went to the same show in Minneapolis when I was growing up and it’s bringing back all the memories! You could do a sweater dress (with or without tights), OTK boots, and a cute coat! This would be warm, but super cute for the theater. Also love this dress and this one. Have fun!
9. I’m looking to invest in new bedding and wanted to see if you had any suggestions. I don’t want to spend a crazy amount, but am willing to invest in a good set.
Serena & Lily makes great bedding that is an investment, but not crazy expensive. I have this quilt and love it. Love this linen duvet and it’s 20% off this weekend, think I’m going to have to snag this for my bedroom! Also looove this one (20% off with code: CHEER) if you’re looking for pattern.
10. Meggan – I’d love to know what your go-to maternity clothes were during your pregnancy! I’m looking for stylish bump-friendly tops and dresses!
I don’t have a ton of cold weather options because I started showing it was summer! But I lived in these Enza Costa tank dresses – the fabric is so soft and stretchy. I highly recommend anything from the brand! A couple tops I started wearing in the fall were this sweater, this tee, this cardigan, this knot tee, and this sweater (went up a size). For dresses I love this sweater dress (got my regular size – it runs big), this henley dress, and this sweater dress.
11. I’m going to a dinner at my husband’s boss house in December (we live in Chicago). Wondering what would be appropriate to wear? I don’t want to look under dressed…or over dressed…lol
Have totally been in your shoes and it can be stressful the first time! To be sure you’re not over or underdressed, go with something clean, classic, and not flashy/sexy. These pants in cream (or any of the three colors) are sooo stunning! They’re pretty true to size, but if you’re between sizes, go up. Wear them with a sweater like this one or this one. Trust, in these situations you never want to be remembered for your outfit ;). Love the ivory pants with a camel sweater (that would be my first choice!). Good luck!
12. I need help on a $25 dice game present for adults. Preferably gender neutral, but doesn’t have to be.
This candle is so good and definitely unisex (our hubbies love candles, too!), this coconut bath milk is amazing (my dad is obsessed also!), this head massager feels so good lol, and this massager has great reviews also (but you might have to explain what it is LOL!).
13. I have a wedding coming up for one of my oldest friends. The wedding will be in NYC right around the holidays and she’s a very festive person so I know she’d appreciate it if we all didn’t wear black (sigh). I’d like to find a dress that’s somewhere between cocktail and black tie attire that fits the festive mood. Any ideas?!
A few festive dresses we’re loving are here, here, here, and here!
15. I absolutely love your interior design style. I just bought this couch and I need help finding throw pillows to match. Can you help with some suggestions?
So pretty! Love the idea of leather pillows like this one on that sofa! Also love a contrast color like this velvet pillow in mustard as well! If you want something soft and cuddly, this would look great as well and you could mix it with the leather or the velvet pillow!
16. I’m going to Aspen with my boyfriend & his family for New Year’s Eve and need a cute but appropriate outfit for NYE! I would love your suggestions!!
Love this dress, this jumpsuit, this skirt with a blouse or sweater, this jumpsuit (would look cute with a moto jacket), or this velvet mini dress (paired with booties).
17. My husband has a themed holiday party – flapper style. Do you have any outfit ideas?
A few options we found are this sequin dress, this fringe/sequin dress, this panel/lace cocktail dress, or this fringe maxi dress! And there’s tons of accessory options here!
18. I was hoping you might be able to share an outfit idea for a girls night I have coming up. We are going to dinner and then a Broadway show and then out for drinks. Any suggestions?
Love this velvet jumpsuit, this dress (could wear black tights with it), this dress, or this one (with a moto over)! So many cute, festive options!
19. I just moved into a new apartment with no bathroom storage! Ugh. Wondering if you guys have any cute ideas for bathroom storage, maybe with drawers/baskets?
This storage cart is super cute and you could easily move it around! Also love this acrylic option, and this is great b/c it would always look clean with the baskets!
20. Brooke – I’m surprising my husband with a trip to NYC in two weeks. Any suggestions of the top things to do/see/eat around Christmas?
I’m dying to get to Rolf’s – I saw a photo when my friend was there and it looks incredible! I have no idea if the food is good or not, but at least for a drink to see the Christmas decor! The new rooftop at RH in Meatpacking is probably my new favorite place – it’s magical and the food/drinks are good! The bar at the Baccarat Hotel is so pretty, especially during the holidays (drinks are expensive, but so fun just for one drink!), of course visit the tree at Rockefeller, watch the light show at Saks, walk down 5th Ave to see all the holiday windows, ice skating at Rockefeller Center, Central Park, or Bryant Park (also fun to walk through the Bryant Park winter village), visit the MET (so pretty during the holidays!), and the Polo Bar is fun and romantic, and I’m sure super cozy for the holidays as well!
21. Can you share Secret Santa gift ideas that range from $20-$30 that can be used for co-workers and friends?
This candle, this travel cocktail kit, a Yeti tumbler, these coasters, or this Herbivore bath/body kit.
22. I just ordered this pleated leather midi skirt to wear for Christmas Eve, but I’m struggling to figure out how best to style it. Any ideas on what to wear with it for a sort of “classically edgy” vibe?
Love it styled like this with an oversized sweater and booties or like this with a blouse and moto jacket!
23. Brooke – Can you do that blog post you were talking about sharing all of your lighting and/or dupes? I remember someone asking about that, and we are ready to start an entire home renovation and I need to find tons of lighting, nothing is staying!
Yes! I can definitely do that post next week. Good luck with your renovation! xx
Please leave your questions below or email them to us at email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject!