1. Would you ladies be able to do a full “city guide” type post (e.g. favorite restaurants, shopping areas) for NYC and Dallas? I know you answer these questions all the time in Coffee Talk, but would love to have them in one spot to more easily reference if possible!
Yes, we are working on them now! xx
2. What are your goto treatments/products on when your skins decides it’s time to breakout for no reason?
Tula or Elemis! Probiotics for your skin. If we start to break out because of a new product we tried, we typically always go back to Tula or Elemis. And keep your routine simple – cleans and moisturize.
3. I have a bachelorette party coming up over Memorial Day Weekend at Lake Okoboji. Do you have any suggestions for what to do/where to go?! We have rented a house on the lake and there are about 20 girls going. We are definitely the type of girls who will be celebrating our bride hard 😉 Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Not sure which lake you’ll be on, but some fun spots would be Barefoot Bar, Braccos, the rooftop at Captain’s (for drinks), Okoboji Boat Works, The Gardens deck, Waterfront Grill is pretty for a nicer dinner, and there is a strip of bars that are fun at night (Captain’s is one of them!) near Arnold’s Park you could just explore that area when you want to go out! Have fun! xx
4. What are a few looks you’d put together for 5 days in Palm Beach, Florida?
Some things we would pack are these sandals, this skirt, this cami, this dress (so pretty!), this coverup, this romper, this set, and this maxi dress.
5. What are some things you would NEVER pay full price for? And what are you willing to pay full price for?
Brooke: Fun question! I would never pay full price for Golden Goose sneakers (always wait til they’re on sale!). Things I would pay full price for are things that never go on sale like certain jewelry, bags, or if there are a pair of shoes I can’t stop thinking about I will splurge/pay full price!
Meggan: I was going to say GG sneakers too – love them but you can find so many cute styles on sale! I pay full price for shoes (my weakness), jeans, bags, and coats. When I order things online though I’m always searching for coupon codes!! I find most of them on RetailMeNot.
6. I’m trying to decide which designer bag to get for the new year. I’m debating between the Celine Mini belt bag in Light taupe or the Chloe Medium Marcie Satchel in Tan. Both very different bags. As a mom to an almost 2 yr old, I feel the Chloe would be a more practical/durable bag. The Celine is a more classic and timeless bag. Thoughts?
Between those two we would probably go for the Celine Belt Bag because it’s more classic! The Chloe is still great, but it feels like it’s been around for so long and just isn’t one of our favorites. Plus, Celine tends to hold value better than Chloe.
7. I am getting married in March and want to get my mom a nice gold bangle as a mother of the bride gift. I’d love to get her something that she can wear everyday but not something too plain! Budget is $400.
Such a sweet gift! We like this one, this one, and this one!
8. I have an upcoming ski trip to VT in February. Can you give some ideas for apres ski outfits? Also, cute winter boots under $100?
Love Vermont! Some fun/cozy looks: this colorblock sweater with jeans and booties, this sweater dress (could wear tights and booties with it), and these joggers with the matching sweatshirt for a cozy look. Winter boots – love Moon Boots (so fun for a ski trip!) and this pair!
10. I am 10 weeks pregnant and have a gala and wedding coming up in February and March that I need to buy a dress for. The events are both in the Midwest so it will be chilly (but doesn’t necessarily require long sleeves). Ideally I’d like to wear the same dress for both events. Any ideas on a dress that I can buy that will be bump friendly (but still cute) at 14 and 18 weeks? I’ve browsed Revolve, but honestly the site is so overwhelming with all their choices. Ideally I’d like to stay under $150.
I wore this dress to a wedding when I was 8 months and it was so comfy! Nice and stretchy and something I will definitely wear again! Also loving this dress and this dress!
11. I know you guys have raved about Levi jeans in the past. Can you share the styles and colors again?
We shared 5 of our favorites styles on this post!
12. I am desperately looking for a work bag/briefcase I can take with me to work? I need something large enough to fit papers horizontally. Price capped at $150 preferably or in that range.
We would do a large tote and then you could buy a folder or a binder with a folder insert for papers to keep them protected! Totes that are large enough that we love: one, two, three, and four!
13. Any ideas for godparent gifts for our baby’s baptism? They are a couple so it could be something individual or to share.
We love giving (and receiving) a nice candle as a gift like this one, a gift card to a nice restaurant for dinner, or personalized stationary with both of their names (or their last name).
14. I’m going to Ireland in a few weeks and wondering if you can help put together a few suggestions for what to wear? I’ll be there for a week and hope to travel light, with several versatile pieces. The weather will be in the 40s and likely rainy on a few days.
Some versatile pieces to pack: this sweater, these sneakers, this cardigan, these jeans, this jacket, these booties, this beanie, and this scarf.
15. I’m attending a wedding in June and don’t no what to wear. It’s outdoors. I haven’t been to a whole lot of weddings so I need some help. I’ve been going to the gym a lot after after having two kids so I don’t mind sexy for lack of a better word. While also dressing appropriately for the occasion.
Love this floral dress, this strapless dress, this lace dress, this slip dress, and this ruffle dress.
16. I’m going to New Orleans for a bachelorette party in a few weeks and the temps are suppose to be in the 60s. I’m struggling with outfit ideas for both day activities (brunchs/swamp tour) as well as for nights out. I’d appreciate any recs you guys have!
Some cute things to pack: this jumpsuit (cute/casual for daytime – drape a with it), these leggings + this top (for night), this bodysuit, these jeans, this dress, this top, and this jacket (for daytime! Bring a moto for night).
17. I’ve been investing in one designer bag a year and I’m trying to decide what my next one should be for this year! So far I have the classic Chanel medium double flap bag in black and the Celine micro luggage bag in taupe. I definitely want something that’s in style but also classic if that makes sense. I’m a stay at home mom so thinking for my next bag that I’d like to go with something that’s roomy enough for use during the day but could still be dressed up for night.
Would you consider a tote? We both love our Goyard totes and that is great addition to what you already have. Other options if that’s not what you’re looking for: this Gucci bag (still one of our favorites 3 years later & classic!), this Fendi bag (Love! classic, but a little fun!), or a classic Saint Laurent.
Leave your questions for next week below or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with #coffeetalk in the subject. Have a great weekend! xo