1. I just had my first child – a little boy – and am looking to drop some push present hints to my husband. Any ideas?
I have this namesake ring with my sons name and DOB and love it. The quality is great and it looks so pretty stacked with my other rings! A few other ideas: Cartier love ring, this pendant necklace (my husband got me this for Mila’s push present), or this initial necklace.
2. If you could only buy FIVE pieces for summer, what would they be?
Meggan: this dress (can be dressed up or down and so comfy!), these sandals, these shorts (I already have them but they’re a must-have), this hat, and this bodysuit.
Brooke: Good question! My five would be: a moto jacket (I wear mine year-round and love to wear it over feminine dresses on summer nights or with cutoffs and a tee), these sandals (great Hermes dupe that not everyone has!), a good black dress that can be worn day or night, this bodysuit, and these sunglasses – my favorites under $100!
3. I’m going to NYC at the end of February to shop for wedding dresses and looking for some outfit ideas. I’m hoping the weather cooperates, but realistically I need to be prepared for anything lol.
Sadly, it’s probably going to be super cold unless we get a random warm day! I would pack jeans, sweaters, and pieces that are easy to layer for sure! My uniform is black jeans, a black turtleneck, boots, and just switch up the coat or cardigan ;). Some pieces I’m loving – this sweater, these jeans, these boots,
5. Can you suggest a few dresses that would be church appropriate for my son’s baptism? For cold weather in March!
A ew dresses that would be great for a cold-weather baptism: one, two, three, and four (could wear a nude camisole under if you didn’t want the open part to show)!
6. I love the decor in both of your homes! I have been working to decorate my apartment but am struggling with artwork (large pieces). Do you have any suggestions for affordable artwork to hang in an apartment? Maybe multiple options to have it all look somewhat cohesive but also different.
DIY it! Buy a big canvas from Michael’s, some acrylic pant, and go for it! Seriously the best and cheapest art! If you’re worried/feel like you’re not artistic, just check out all the inspo on Pinterest! So many of these would be super easy to recreate! Minted is another great option, but not quite as affordable as doing it yourself!
7. What are your top Amazon wedding registry items?
KitchenAide mixer, the Roomba, stainless steal cookware, Instant Pot, towels, Moscow mule mugs, Dyson cordless vacuum, knife set, waffle maker, wine glasses, and cast iron skillet.
8. I inherited a mink fur coat, but it’s a little big on me and is slightly longer than waist length. Do you have any recommendations on what to do with it? Some have said turn it into a vest. I just hate selling it, given it’s a classic.
We would probably just leave it and wear it as is (oversized!). Could layer it over other jackets to give you a layered coat look like this. Or you could possibly take it to an alterations specialist to see if they could alter it to fit you better.
9. I’m searching for a new pair of white sneakers (something other than Gucci or Golden Goose) that can go with everything, (jeans, skirts, dresses etc).
A few white sneakers we love are here, here, here, and here!
10. My mom is getting married in two weeks. I have no idea what to get the woman who has everything! They have been together for 20 years and basically have it all. Any sentimental ideas on what I could get her that’s not too pricey?
What about something personalized like this? It’s very thoughtful and probably not something she would have/get herself.
11. I am getting married this year and wanted to know if you have any gift suggestions for my bridesmaids! I know that a lot of people do monogrammed robes or shirts, but do you have any other recommendations?
Candles, personalized phone cases (these are sooo cute!), jewelry, a personalized pouch, stationary, or a trinket/jewelry dish.
12. I am getting married this summer at my fiances’ family lake house in New York and I am in need of a rehearsal dinner outfit. The rehearsal dinner will be held at another private residence in the backyard. We are going for a very summery and floral vibe (think very Anthropologie). I am having the hardest time finding an outfit/dress. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!
This dress is gorgeous and love the white for your rehearsal, in love with this dress, this one, this one, and this one is super budget friendly and looks exactly like this one from Zimmermann!
13. I bought this dress a few years ago and have worn it frequently in the summer. I would like to wear it to a March wedding in Georgia, but am not sure about the weather. Thoughts on something to wear over it? I usually wear nude heels because I hate the combination of black and cobalt.
Definitely do nude heels! You could do a faux fur jacket like this one to wear over it!
14. Taking engagement photos in Puerto Vallarta in either March or April, I am looking for a timeless yet cute outfit for the pictures. I’ll likely change a few times! Any suggestions!?
Love this dress, this lace dress, this maxi dress, and this jumpsuit.
Leave your questions for next week below or email them to us at email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject!