1. Brooke – can you please share your Miami recommendations (hotel, restaurants). Also what did you do for childcare?
Yes! I’ll be doing an entire post on this next week! xx
2. I’m in the market for a gold band to wear on my right hand. LOVE the Cartier Love ring (the wider one), but that’s definitely out of my price range. Any suggestions for something $750-ish or less?
Yes! Some beautiful gold rings in your price range: one, two, three, four, and five.
3. I recently transitioned from the corporate world to spend more time at home with my young kids. Wardrobe help! What are your top five pieces for work from home/cool mom looks? Do you have a weekday uniform of sorts?
Meggan: I wear a lot of graphic tees, sneakers, jeans, leggings, sweaters, jackets and hats. Some of my current favorites on rotation are this tee (use code brooke10 for discount!), these jeans, this sweatshirt, these faux leather leggings, these mules, and this tee.
Brooke: Yes! I for sure have a ‘mom uniform’ that consists of a good pair of skinny jeans, sneakers, tees (graphic & plain), a moto jacket, and booties. I also love wearing all black if I’m trying to look more put together – skinny jeans, a bodysuit, and booties.
4. I’m buying my first home! I’m moving from an apartment to a house and have noo idea where to start decorating. I love your home styles! Since I’m buying – I wanted to see if you had any tips on investment pieces or advice on where to start.
Congrats, so exciting! We would suggest starting on Pinterest & create a board for your new home. Pin everything you love to that board so you can see what kind of interior style you gravitate towards. Then once you have your style nailed down, you can start sourcing pieces. We love West Elm, RH, CB2, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Wayfair, Etsy, and little home boutiques in Dallas & NYC. The pieces we would recommend spending the most on are the ones you’re going to use every single day (sofa, counter stools, bed, etc).
5. I have been looking for a good cardigan that goes with everything and that can be worn all the time. But, I also don’t wanna spend a ton of money on them. Can you guys suggest a good one?
Some great options all under $65: here (comes in so many great colors!), here, here, and here!
6. I’m getting married on the beach this June and want to buy a designer pair of white sandals. Any ideas? My top choices right now are the Hermès Oran or Jimmy Choo Joni slide.
Our choice would be the Hermes Oran sandals because you’ll wear them forever and they go with literally everything! Congratulations babe! xx
7. My mom turns 60 this year, and she’s talking the whole family to Italy for HER 60th! So, my family and I want to get her a nice but meaningful gift. What are your recommendations? Probably under $1000/$1200.
Definitely something thoughtful! Maybe personalized jewelry – like this necklace, this one, or this one! Another idea would be to hire a photographer to take family photos while you’re in Italy – this would be something she would cherish forever!
8. I live in the Pacific Northwest and am in need of a new rain coat that is also warm. Affordable is great too!
This one is a good basic/cute and on sale, this one is fun, love the orange lining on this one, and another good option here for $40!
9. I’m obsessed with this shirt but not the price haha. Any suggestions for cheaper options that are light, feminine and airy like this? I’m pregnant and wanting something that leaves room for a growing belly!
Yes! There are definitely beautiful options at a better price point. We are loving this one, this one (very similar to the one you love), and this one.
10. Going to Scotland for my husbands 40th. We will mostly be visiting whisky distilleries so not a lot of walking. What would you recommend for shoes? Thinking I will wear pants/jeans because it will be cool. Want to look cute but not overdressed.
A few cute options: these mules (have and love!), these booties, these moto booties, these sneakers, or these booties (love them with the stripe too!).
11. I am about to have my first baby! Trying to find some budget friendly top options for pictures (thinking light colored) that is flattering since they will be taken within a week of her birth.
Congratulations! Top options: this blouse (so pretty!), this tunic, this batwing blouse (in pink!), and this eyelet top.
12. I’m going to a couples wedding shower at my friends condo in Chicago in March…any ideas for a put together, somewhat dressy outfit (dress or skirt) to wear? It’s such a tricky time of year when it’s almost spring, but still so cold in Chicago!
This dress is great because you could wear it in winter and summer & obsessed with the puff sleeve! Just add tights for cold weather (could also do tights and OTK boots)! Also love this dress (wear a moto jacket over it), and this slip dress (again, moto jacket over it and super easy to take into spring/summer)!
13. Brooke – could you share the DIY art piece that you created as a family. I would love to see it!!
Yes, once I get the art done in our house I’m planning to do a post on it! I don’t have a tutorial for the first one because we literally just went for it, but I’m planning to do another one and I will do step-by-step instructions on how we do it for a blog post! xx
14. I’m going to a bday party in NY at the House of YES. The theme is Studio 54 Disco glam. Any outfit suggestions?
This jumpsuit is amazing, love this one as well! These bell bottoms are super fun and you could do a cute top like this one (woah! major sale!) with them!
15. Can you post some dresses that are affordable and would look nice for spring engagement photos? I’m struggling and you two always have great taste!
Thank you so much! Love this one, this one, this one, and this one.
16. I’m looking to change up my skincare routine and wondering what your must-have Tula products are?
The cleanser, day & night cream, brightening eye balm, overnight skin rescue, and the eye serum. You can use our code SOMEWHERELATELY for 20% off!
Leave your questions below or email them to us at email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject!