1. I have a birthday coming up and am looking for an investment piece to buy as a present. Any ideas for accessories or purses around $500?
What about a nice piece of jewelry? Love this diamond evil eye bracelet, this necklace, this ring, and this bracelet!
2. I am looking for some coffee table books and don’t even know where to start. Where do you both find books to have out as decoration??
Amazon, Goodwill (I found a ton there!), and book stores in your area. Amazon has all of our favorites though – Gypset, Chanel, Dior, and Tom Ford!
3. What is your go to sushi order? I want to change it up, I always end up ordering the same thing.
Meggan: I don’t really have a go-to roll since they’re all so different! I usually order specialty rolls – anything with jalapeño (I like spicy rolls!), avocado, cucumber, eel sauce, etc. Yum now I want sushi!
Brooke: Same – anything spicy (usually tuna) for rolls. I also love yellowtail jalapeño, always order a miso soup, and sometimes edamame! And I always ask for a side of spicy mayo ;).
4. I’m in Scottsdale for the week. Do either of you have any suggestions for good dinner/lunch and brunch spots?
Farm and Craft, Diego Pops, The Montauk, True Food, Olive and Ivy, and Flower Child.
5. Love your book recommendations! What are your most recent book purchases?
Brooke: I just finished The Last Mrs. Parrish and really liked it. Need my next book, any recommendations?
Meggan: I’m reading The Good Daughter. It’s taking me forever to finish because I’ve been getting so sleepy when I read. The Luckiest Girl Alive was really good too!
6. Brooke – how do you make your taco seasoning?
I just eyeball it, but I use chili powder (probably 1 Tbs), onion powder (1/2 tsp), cumin (1.5 tsp), garlic powder (1/2 tsp), oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
7. Going to a wedding in Punta Cana in May and I’m looking for something to wear to the rehearsal dinner and to the wedding. I’d love to keep it under $100 (per item). Any ideas? I’ve never really done a beach wedding that I’m not in!
For the rehearsal dinner: love this dress or this one!
For the wedding: This dress is so great and comes in 7 colors! Also love this one, and this one.
8. Any new favorite recipes lately? You always seem to share simple, healthy, clean ideas!
Meggan: Love making these mini bell pepper nachos, Trader Joe’s Asian vegetable stir fry with chicken sausage, this soup, and these stuffed sweet potatoes.
Brooke: This ramen recipe is so good, and I used Miracle Noodles in place of the ramen noodles! Loved this chicken and avocado soup, but next time I’ll add quinoa & corn to it. These cilantro lime tacos (I used shrimp) were also delish!
9. I am having my first baby in June (baby girl) and I can’t seem to find crib sheets! I love Spearmint Love, Mebie baby, Rylee and Cru type looks but want something neutral and not over the top. Any recommendations for other options?
Etsy! I got mine from this shop.
10. Help me! Going to buy a designer bag for spring/summer, and I can’t decide what to get. I’m open to all designers, and trust you girls. I have one black Gucci bag, so want something lighter for spring and summer. My budget is anything under $3,000.
Spring/summer designer bags we love for spring and summer: this Fendi one (obsessssed), this Saint Laurent crossbody, and this classic white Gucci. One of each, please!
11. I have a “black tie optional” wedding coming up at the end of April. I have nothing to wear that is formal enough, can you girls recommend anything? Most formal dresses would be too long on me, I’m 5’2”. I don’t have many opportunities to wear formal/cocktail dresses so I didn’t want to spend a lot on something I may not wear again, but I do want a dress that is/and looks appropriate for the occasion. Can you help a girl out?
You should do Rent The Runway – so many good options and you don’t have to spend a ton for a nice dress. Love this one, this one, and this one!
12. I’m going to see Hamilton on a Saturday night when it comes to Dallas in April. I’m struggling with what to wear when it’s (hopefully) warmer, but night time AND at the theater – aren’t these places notoriously cold or is that just the movie theater? Any suggestions?
This dress is pretty, this bodysuit with high waisted jeans or a skirt would be cute, love this jumpsuit (add a moto jacket), and obsessed with this dress!
13. Brooke – you’ve been so kind to answer so many questions about FWTFL and I’m sorry if this is a repeat question – but do you find it challenging to hit your calorie and gram goals on regular macro day. I love the carbs, but I have trouble hitting the macro goal…tips?
It takes a while to figure it out, but I’m finally at a place where I know what to eat to hit my numbers. Not sure which area you’re lacking but here are some ideas…for carbs: quinoa, fruit (bananas and dates), oatmeal, Cheerios, fats: avocado, olive oil, nuts/seeds, nut butter, and these for protein: protein powder, meat (of any kind), eggs, or yogurt! I hope that helps!! You can always email me if I didn’t answer your question the way you were hoping, happy to help you out!
14. I’m due with our first baby and I’ve been looking into diaper backpacks and breast pumps and find them both overwhelming. Would love to hear what you use or have used for both!
Love the look of this Freshly Picked backpack – so chic for a diaper bag! Both of us used the Madela pump.
17. I bought a red midi dress that I would love to cinch at the waist but am struggling with a belt. I’d love to wear my beige YSL woc with silver hardware. Any belt suggestions?
We love to mix metals so not as concerned with that as the color of the belt. We would keep it in the beige family so you’re outfit is streamlined. Love this belt, this one, and this one.
18. I’m going to see Garth Brooks in concert in early May in Minneapolis. Any outfit suggestions?
Love this romper (would be cute with western boots/booties), this dress, these shorts + this top, and this jumpsuit. Have fun!
19. Brooke – Meggan mentioned using CBD oil, and I know you’ve talked about having anxiety. Do you also use CBD oil?
Yes! I just got it after visiting with the naturopath doctor a few weeks ago, and it has been helping me so much! I use Daily Dose from Higher Wave Wellness, I add it to my coffee in the morning because I can’t stand the taste of it by itself, but in my (decaf lol) coffee it’s not detectable at all!
Leave your questions below or email them to us at email@example.com with #coffeetalk in the subject! xo