1. If you had to choose between buying a pair of golden goose sneakers or the Gucci Princetown mules, which would you pick?
Brooke: OMG great question…super tough to answer because I love both and wear them all the time! I think if I had to choose it would be Golden Goose (sale!) because I wear them more often, but that’s probably different for everyone! Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either!
Meggan: I think I’d chose the mules! I wear my light pink pair almost everyday and in the winter I wore my fur ones all the time!
2. Looking for suggestions for my baby shower dress – can’t decide between body-con or flowy maxi!
Love both looks with a bump! Here are a couple options for each – this white bodycon (cute with a denim jacket!), this one in black or cream (only $35!), this dress, this maxi, or this stunning maxi!
3. What books are you currently reading?
Meggan: I just started All We Ever Wanted. Brooke finished it in 24 hours and said it’s so good!
Brooke: I need to start Then She Was Gone, Meggan gave it to me when we were headed to Morocco and I still haven’t started it!
4. I always love the recipes you share! What are your go-to weeknight meals when you need to throw something together & don’t have time for a recipe?
Brooke: Some of my go to non-recipes are the sweet potato bowl, pasta (edamame or chickpea pasta if you want it healthier) with pesto and rotisserie chicken, rotisserie chicken over a salad (with any fruits or veggies you have in your fridge), mayo-less tuna salad, or ‘small plates’ which is something like sliced turkey (or any deli meat you like), hard boiled egg, baby dill pickles, cheese, veggies (sliced cucumbers, carrots, peppers, etc) and fruit – pretty much like a mini charcuterie plate.
Meggan: Taco salads (I do ground turkey, sautéed pepper, olives salsa verde, plantain chips), stir fry with chicken sausage (buy the TJ’s Asian Stir Fry so you don’t have to chop any veggies) with whatever sauce you like, sweet potato bowl, salsa verde chicken over cauli rice (if you have time to put in the crockpot), or cauliflower fried rice with rotisserie chicken.
5. Brooke – What was that show you just binged on Netflix? I forgot to screenshot!
It’s called ‘Dead To Me,’ and it was so good! I’m sad it’s over…but Big Little Lies is coming back in June! Cannot wait for that!
6. Meggan – I just got the Steve Madden hot pink heels you have, but I’m unsure of how to style them. I’m going to LA for Memorial Day weekend and would love some ideas on how to wear them.
For a casual look you can pair them with jeans and a tee (like this) or you could recreate Brooke’s camo pant outfit (here!). If you want to dress them up you could do a bodysuit (love this one and this one) with jeans or a jumpsuit like this one. Have fun!
7. What are some key pieces I should have in my summer wardrobe?
Flat sandals, strappy heel sandals, a hat, a denim or moto jacket (or both), light wash jeans (or white if you prefer), an easy tank, a comfortable dress, and a good pair of sunglasses! These are items you can wear time after time all summer!
8. My friends got me tickets for the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic and have zero clue or inspiration of what to wear. Looking for cute and classy dress/jumpsuit or romper!
Jealous!! We want to go! Some fun options: this floral dress, this jumpsuit, this ruffle dress (both colors are pretty), this romper, or this dress!