1. What are your honest opinions on Gucci belts? Not sure if they are overdone at this point but I do like how they dress up an outfit. Open to other belt suggestions that you love!
We like them, but I (Brooke) sold mine just b/c I felt like everyone had one, and I was never reaching for them anymore. I purchased this belt in Paris and I love it! A great alternative to the Gucci belts and a bit more understated.
2. Have you compared the various lash serums, and which one(s) do you prefer?
Meggan: I tried the Rodan & Fields Lash Boost and it irritated my eyes sooo bad – they were red for a month! Neulash is my forever ride or die!
Brooke: I have extensions now, but I used to use Neulash and it worked wonders! I had been using it for about 4 months and went to visit my parents, my mom thought I had extensions. She didn’t’ believe me they were my real eyelashes lol! Neulash works! If I ever quit lash extensions, I will go back to it!
3. I purchased the Free People easy street tunic sweater per your recommendation (thank you by the way, I’m obsessed) I ended up getting it in 3 colors. I was wondering how you guys style it.
Lol it’s the best! We style it with jeans, faux leather leggings, over-the-knee boots, leather joggers, leggings, sneakers – pretty much with anything! Some pics of us wearing it are here, here, here, and here!
4. If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?
Meggan: Princess Diana!
Brooke: My grandpa, I miss him so much!
5. Any suggestions for medium to large gold hoops?
Gold hoop options: here (our discount code is SOMEWHERELATELY), here and here!
6. I have to attend my husbands clients black tie charity event in February. Would love some suggestions! Haven’t worn a full length gown since being a bridesmaid!
Loving this off-the-shoulder dress, this red dress, this strapless dress (in green!!), this keyhole dress (stunning!) and this metallic gown.
7. I’m looking for a pair of classic black booties that will go with jeans. Any recs for any that are cute and comfy?
Love this pair (have them & they’re super comfy!), this pair and this pair!
8. Looking for dresses to wear to a post holiday work party, in February, with my boyfriends company.
Dress options: here, here, here and here!
9. I’m looking for a 4×6 rug for my closet that looks a little modern/contemporary and clean. My closet is all white and I just redid it so I have the IKEA white drawers etc. Ideally I’d like a rug in the black/white/gray family.
Some pretty, modern rugs in your color pallet and size: one, two, three (so fun! esp for closet!), and four!
10. Do you have any suggestions for what to do in Dallas/FW and San Antonio? Also, what to wear in Feb? I’m from Indiana so used to 🥶 in Feb. We talked about going to Stockyards, Billy Bobs and Sundance Sqaure but am I going to stick out like a sore thumb if I’m not dressed like Reba? 😂
I’ve only been to San Antonio for bowl game which was just a day trip so I’m no help there! Some fun things to do in Dallas: explore Deep Ellum (lots of fun bars/restaurants and cool shops), Klyde Warren Park, eat/shop at Highland Park Village, JFK Museum, hang out in Bishop Arts (love Paradiso and Stock & Barrel), Dallas Farmers Market, and if you like amusement parks – 6 Flags! I’ve never been to the Stockyards but I think you’d be fine dressing in anything you’re comfortable in lol. Love this pair and this pair of Western inspired booties! I would bring layers and a light jacket since the weather can be pretty unpredictable this time of year (it was 73 two days ago and now it’s 50).
11. Thinking ahead to Valentine’s Day – best tops to wear for date night? Thank you!
Love this one, this one, this one, this one (in red) and this one!
12. What did you guys do for window treatments in your bedrooms? Blinds or curtains, or both?
Brooke: We only have curtains right now, but I want to add roman shades layered under the curtains like this.
Meggan: We have shutters and curtains!
13. I love how you guys decorate your homes! We just recently moved from Boston (in an apartment) to Florida (a house) and am having difficulty decorating a certain space in the home, which I think is meant to be where a small dining table would go, but I think it would look so awkward as the dining room is just in the other side of the kitchen. What do you think I could do with the space instead?
Thank you! So this space sounds like a breakfast nook which is typically meant for a bistro table and a couple chairs. If you don’t want to do that, you could make it into a small sitting area if you have the space. Just two comfy/cute chairs with a small round side table between them. This is the concept, obviously the furniture will vary depending on the style of your home/decor. Hope that helps!
14. I am attending my company’s President’s Club trip in February in Maui! Any recommendations on colleague-appropriate bikinis and resort-wear?
So fun! Love this maxi coverup, this bikini, these pants, this bikini (want it in every color!), this maxi dress, this one piece, and this jumpsuit. Have fun! xx
15. I’m going on a ski trip over Valentine’s Day/President’s Day weekend in Deer Valley and am looking for some cute outfits for day and night and also any cute ski gear as well!
Cutest ski gear: this bodysuit, these pants, and this jacket. For daytime, we would keep it casual with jeans, sweatshirts (I just got this one and I love it!), and boots! For night – you’re probably going to want jeans as well, but dress it up with heels and a bodysuit. Love this one and this one!
16. I’m headed to Disneyland next week and am struggling to find casual outfits for January weather that’s not black pants and a denim jacket. It’s gonna be chilly in the mornings and evenings so for sure need to wear pants/layers and probably cute sneakers. Any advice on how to spice it up?
Faux leather joggers (I love wearing mine with hightop sneakers), a casual jumpsuit like this or this, camo pants, or leather leggings (this is our favorite pair) would help spice up your outfits!
17. Have a couple concerts coming up and would love some cute outfit ideas that won’t break the bank! One is a country concert and the other is a rock concert!
For your rock concert – this tee with black jeans and black booties + a moto jacket! For the country concert – love the idea of this bodysuit (it has a snap for more coverage) with black jeans and western inspired booties like these.
Leave your questions below or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with #coffeetalk in the subject! xo