1. Brooke – are you still dairy free? You mentioned on stories that you were having feta with your salad so I was just curious! If you found a good DF feta option please share!
Not 100%. I try to eat dairy free 90% of the time because I know how it messes with my skin, but I do eat feta & goat cheese, and if I’m at a coffee shop I will get half and half in my coffee!
2. What are some things your readers don’t know about the both of you?
Meggan: I’ve lived in six states: Iowa, Washington, Minnesota, South Dakota, Illinois and Texas!
Brooke: Me too – I was born and raised in Iowa until age 18, but now 6 states in total! But another thing about me is that I’m super shy until you get to know me, then I’m weird ha! 😉 I told my husband that on our first date, and he always reminds me that I was not lying loll. Weirdo at heart.
3. We just purchased our first home and I am stressing about picking paint colors! Love both of your homes and would love to know what paint colors you used.
Brooke: Congrats! My favorite white is BM Cloud Cover & we have it in a lot of rooms in our home. We also have BM Balboa Mist and BM Decorator’s White (in office). My favorite greige is BM Revere Pewter.
Meggan: SW Rock Garden, BM Cloud Cover, SW Repose Grey (in our last house), BM Hale Navy, and BM Revere Pewter (in our last house).
5. Doing a boat night for a friend’s birthday next week and would love your recommendations on what to wear! Something cute but still practical as it can get chilly at night!
Love this jumpsuit, and bring a denim jacket for when it gets chilly! Also love this bodysuit, this one, and this dress with a moto jacket.
6. Are you guys glad you started your families when you did? I’m 25 and don’t feel quite ready to have kids yet, but I want to be a young mom and don’t want to wait too long! Any perspective on this?
Brooke: Yes, I always knew I wanted to be a young mom! I had Sophia when I was 24 and Avery at 27. My advice would be to definitely wait until you feel 100% ready!
Meggan: I wasn’t planning on getting pregnant at 25 but now I’m happy I started younger than intended (I always thought I wanted to start at 30). I agree with Brooke – wait until you are 100% ready!
7. I’m starting a new job and want new classy tote/work bag to use daily. Do you have any recommendations under $500? (trying to stay away from Tory Burch/MK/Kate Spade) and maybe one investment option that would be good to save up for?
Favorite investment tote that isn’t crazy crazy $$ is this one! Can’t believe black is on sale, we’ve never seen this bag on sale! Totes around/under $500: this one, this one, or this one (customizable).
8. Any breastfeeding friendly dress suggestions for my brother’s wedding next month? In Minneapolis, family only but still dressy.
Love this one, this one (such a pretty color), this one, and this one!
9. If you were in between sizes of the Cartier love bracelet, would you go slightly snug or slightly loose? Which sizes do you guys have?
It’s hard to say without really seeing it on your wrist, but we would recommend going with whichever is most comfortable since you won’t really be taking it off. Brooke wears a size 16 and I (Meggan) don’t know what size I have – I tried two on and went with the snugger one!
10. I am wanting to schedule photos of me and my boyfriend and I am having a hard time finding a dress to wear for the photos! Any suggestions?
Yes! Loving this tie-strap one, this linen one, this bell sleeve one, or this maxi (just ordered it!).